Cars Jaguar XJ13 [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.
1s-2s faster in fast grip 22C setting.

I did a this in 99% fixed grip level , 25C, default setup.
You?
4c7760a4e06d6c650439b8a25d1f4c7a.png

Having zero issues on the physics front, gave it a blast at Magione seeing as a time was set as a benchmark and had a lot of fun, no complaints from me there. Much less instability under braking than the previous version which is very welcome. Hint of understeer but nothing out of the ordinary, exactly as I'd expect tbh, really pleasant to push.

First time in VR with this car, open roof cars always feel extra special in VR. Does highlight some issues with the steering animations though which I'm sure could be considered 'nitpicking' etc when the wrists snap around at lightspeed and the shift animation isn't close to the actual shifter, but it does add up to a lack of immersion.

If you wanted I could always try and put something together with the steering rig - not perfect but fairly easy to get something pretty nice - I understand working in Blender its much more difficult.

I tried driving your way, and my way. Basically one lap your way, then one lap my way and repeated that 3-4 times in single session to have trustful results. I am surprised how drivable the car is in your way, it is not at all floating or giving weird feel, it drives really well. As for pace it is rather quick that way too but, perhaps because I am unused to such robotic driving, I was slower (and having much less fun, though I still had to do plenty of corrections as it often gently bites).

I have tried this experiment in Magione and then Mugello. Results were rather same taking sizes of circuits into account. In Magione I was 1s faster driving my way, and in Mugello 2s faster (and had much more fun). I also tried blend of two styles, which unsurprisingly gave results in the middle.

I think this proves that physics are indeed very good, as you can drive it very actively for good pace, or you can calmly spin the steering wheel (though you still have plenty of bites so it is far from calm anyway) and still have rather good pace, which might be useful for endurance racing where reliability and consistency would be more important than pure pace, at least in those days.

If anyone still cares about it... here is something like my driving style:

P.S. some of that driving reminds more pre-crash version, as it has skinier tyres, and overall tiny bit closer to Etype. Off course only wider and with mid-engine layout.

Hint of understeer but nothing out of the ordinary, exactly as I'd expect tbh, really pleasant to push.

Having zero issues on the physics front
I agree, I'm not familiar with the earlier versions but this felt pretty good to me round Monza RC 66. A bit squirly at high speed but really good fun, imagine it would be a handful at a more technical track, kinda like a Transit would be Mr Paterson:whistling:

Better driver animation wont fix this terrible mess ugly off alien model, thanks

I have zero issues with driver animation when driving with my single screen, so excuse my selfishness. There are probably a car for every AC user already, so it makes sense if I'll be the only one who really drove it, no issue to be selfish at this point.

Yes I am complete 0 with animations. And the ones that are currently in are done in 3Ds max. There were some issues with model misplacepent when porting it from blender to 3Ds max, and that kinda makes working with driver animations a nightmare for me, I also really dislike 3Ds max. But in terms of working with animations blender might be worse, I don't know. Thanks for the offer, Garry, but no thanks, don't waste your time.

I completely forgot that actually most problems I had with the driver was because of downscaling it. I didn't want to have 1.85m monster in the car, I wanted shorter guy in the car, so head would be sticking out less, and would break lines not that much, it came with an expense of slightly messed up animations.

Now honestly this has been too much for me.

Who I should tag or write to now ? I am seriously deleting this mod.

I don't want to make drama, just want to escape. I have made up my mind, I don't like the atmosphere, this takes awful huge part of me, and I want to go now.

I don't want to make drama, just want to escape. I have made up my mind, I don't like the atmosphere, this takes awful huge part of me, and I want to go now.
I respect your decision, but can't the UNESCO intervene and call this world heritage?
On a serious note, maybe take a break from RD for a week, it helped me to distance myself from the occasional criticism and negativity which occurs from time to time. :thumbsup:

If I was you I'd simply take a break off of RD until you get back to your senses, the XJ13 is like a beautiful cake with a wrinkly cherry on top, it doesn't have to go down with you, does it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 78 7.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 122 10.9%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 163 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 308 27.5%