Cars Jaguar XJ13 [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys, I was just racing a grid of XJ13's GT40's & 908's (seeing as Steam is down :() the Jaguar external sound is way loud compared to the other 2 cars.

I didnt really race, drove by some Jags, reached quickly for volume, restarted, AI turned right into me on start finish straight then i checked AC.net and steam was back up so straight online :D so far best on lstat is a 1:36 in the Ford and 1:35 in the Porsche (set by baronesbc though) so probably very close pace at Bridgehampton

Thats definitely his case, he needs TH8A now :D

By the way, you aren't the King at Silverstone 1967 with XJ13 anymore. You can try to regain your status, or just update your laps comparison thread :D

Now I used optimal starting fuel amount, not default. And it worked out pretty well. Or newest tire physics are slightly faster, or both.

Hmm, It is like 1'33'9, also @garyjpaterson did almost the same (just a couple of hundreds slower haha). I think you, Andy, would go under 1'33.

Anyways we expect to update the car (maybe next month) with car sound fix, physics steering bug fix (thanks @garyjpaterson for spotting), maybe possibility to adjust performance for better online matching, little model tweaks hopefully.

It will not be the final version, because I want to improve engine and interior appearance, also try to add showroom functions and I'd love to have throttle links animated it would really complete the car.

Ubout the "strange" side of the sounds I've mentionned earlier - first, I've got to says I'm far from being an expert - it feels to me that the engine, mainly when idle, sounds like a tractor or a truck.
I find it okay when driving.

But, again, if most people find it ok, I must then be wrong...

I think sound is hardest thing to get right, probably harder than physics.

But I think idle sound is ok, since it is probably easiest sound

Here is real sound

WOW

just found a new video, incredible

Last edited:
I took the Jag out on VIR again because I had very good memories of this combo ;)

Now racing in VR I noticed the shifting animation is quite wrong. He doesn't grab the poke but in VR it seems like he uses the plate with the shift positions as a touch screen :) Here's a video, still much weirder with depth inVR :

Thank you for taking Jaguar to this nice track :) (it is really great track)

Yes I knew this about shifting animation. I work with blender, but I used the_mecos rig which seemed to be best option. The problem is that the _mecos rig is for 3Ds max software, and i really don't like it very much, I had nightmares, and really hard time learning every bit how to make it work. Essentially it wasn't mission impossible, but I had something messy with my model location, and even if i had adjusted animations rather well in 3Ds max, it would still be displaced in game, and it was a nightmare to adjust things. I got steering almost acceptable, but shifting was a bit too much for me yet.

Also it didn't help that the_mecos rig is using a really big guy 1.85m height guy. And such a big is very difficult to fit into the car, and then head sticks out a lot. So I had to make the driver about 0.15m shorter, and it skewed animations a lot, and I had to readjust...

Tons of stuff for a blender guy.... I hope to learn to use Stereos Rig for blender. But ironicaly I found 3Ds max to be easier to work with animations lol

I don't know if I'll perfect driver animations anytime soon. I'm very busy.

But there will be physics, sound, and minor model update soon :)

Don't look at the shifter while driving, its unsafe ! :D

Looking at the shifter while driving would be very unsafe indeed ;) I lost the car going up those S bends (you really can't steer much at all there or the car is gone).. and in VR when you are off track is the time to look around in the car to see how nicely everything is made :) It is a minor issue though. Good to hear an update is coming !!

mantasisg updated Jaguar XJ13 with a new update entry:

Physics fix, sound adjustment and model tweaks

Hi there, we are updating Jaguar XJ13. The sound adjustment has been available for a long time, physics has been constantly improved, I was delaying update because I wanted to get it up to 1.0, but because various reasons + getting involved with track modding made me rather busy. Also Kunos released much improved documentation for car modders.... Long story short, I have still made a few model tweaks, but this update is mostly about physics, I hope you'll like it :)

Jason aka Aphidgod went...

Read the rest of this update entry...

First, thanks for this nice car and the update!

I encountered something strange: I tried a race weekend (offline) at Croft (the one from Terra21), but when I pass another car or am passed by a car after a certain distance, the chassis disappears and all I see is a driver and the shadow of the car.
This only happens with the Jag. I tried several other cars (312T, Lola, Lotus Evora, Alfa GTA, ASR 643), too. No problem.

Could this have something to do with my detail settings?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back