Cars Jaguar XJ13 [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.
@NightEye87 I hope you know that you have replica photo right there :D Anyway it doesn't change anything, there should be a little gap. I think Kunos or other modders would just simply have a beveled edge there, and save for geometry and time. Nice spot there :) It wasn't always like that, I did like hundreds of tweaks for front, sometimes ruining something, good catch there. Rear end was easier to craft, but hard too.

I don't know exactly what material is that badge, but it is not reflective. From photos it looks to me like some kind of brushed plastic, not sure. It is strange, even reminds me suede lol

I'll eagerly await @aphidgod 's excuse for that tyre temperature :whistling: :inlove:

Typo. :redface:

Open up tyres.ini, go down to the [THERMAL_FRONT] section and change the PERFORMANCE_CURVE= key to tcurve_gt_60s.lut. (Same as the rears.)

This will not void your warranty.

Edit: as for whether or not it's critical, I guess that depends on what AC does in the absence of a lookup table. If the temperature multiplier simply defaults to 1.0 at all times then the difference will disappear when the tires hit 50C, which takes about half a lap at most tracks, making it negligible. If a missing LUT causes more issues than that... well, I dunno.

Last edited:
As for that badge behind the steering wheel: I assumed it's some kind of gold plated plaque or maybe brushed metal? My head just tells me it should reflect some more, but it might not do that in real life (couldn't find proper photos).

It's a brass plaque left by Abbey Panels when they rebuilt the car in '73. Doesn't appear to have been polished or anything fancy. Snapped a photo on my phone from the book:

y46Us9u.jpg

Also, from the next page:

esYKwMn.jpg

Took this car for a 2 lap race on the 'ring against all the other vintage supercars at 99% a.i, holy smokes that was a thrill!
Absolutely enjoy the car already, what a scary ride it was!

mantasisg updated Jaguar XJ13 with a new update entry:

Jaguar XJ13 version 0.9 Changelog

- Significantly improved driver steering animation;
- Adjusted drivers head not to be render in 1p view;
- Changed from 60s era driver to 70s;
- Made instruments to light up when turning on the lights;
- Sealed some gaps which could have been see through;
- Baked AO for Carbs, Dry Sump Tank, Spliter;
- Redone knockoffs, added knockoff blur;
- Inflated tires a bit more;
- Ordered TH8A shifter, started to think about donations;
- Added AO to interior aluminum...

Read the rest of this update entry...

First time trying, seems cool!
A few nitpicks:
  • I noticed the driver steering animation in the changelog, i dont know how it was before but it seems a bit off in VR as the arm comes right into your face, in external camera it looks a bit like he's breaking his arm haha
  • the "historic" tag can probably be removed as i dont think any other cars use it?
  • the eyes position seems too far forward too, these values come from the auto-pos function and seem better
DRIVEREYES=-0.185276,0.839657,0.103333
ON_BOARD_PITCH_ANGLE=0

cheers

Thanks for the notes.

Yeah driver animation is still not 10/10. It was like 3/10 before. I knew about oddly bending arm, but it never got into my attention when driving, plus I'm surprised about arm going into face, haven't noticed that. World in VR is certainly different :D Driver eyes seemed to be in perfect position, fortunately it is easy to adjust.

Damn.. I forgot about floating. It wasn't like that, but it became so with V10 tire model. Physical tires are expanding, but graphical aren't. I should have lowered whole car few millimeters more. Fortunately it is noticeable not the whole time. I also had plans to lower rear more than front, but seems difficult at the moment, unless I just simply can rotate full model (I probably can lol).

Hmmm. I forgot about that one. But I guess it doesn't move wheels, does it ? For only body it should be nice, prob gonna use some of the pitch.

PS tried auto pos of driver eyes, and thats what we had originally. I have reduced FOV in AC before releasing, maybe that had effect.

Nice pictures, they looks nice. I can say that if we are lucky bare metal skin will come.

P.S. it is very easy to change color for car, just copy a folder, rename. And repaint metal_detail. Car should have new color then :D

The AI seem pretty good in the XJ13! (or i need to improve in this car.) I'm similar pace to the GT40 AI but in the XJ13 they are about 2 seconds faster than me. Now I see why you were expecting 32's at Silverstone :D

Strange :) Maybe stability control helps them a lot ? :D Aphidgod works with AI. He also told me that AI on max strength does 1'33 at silv67. Pretty quick indeed. Must try racing there at some time, have been only hot laping there yet. It is a blast on various grip settings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 266 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 175 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 177 10.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 130 7.5%