Cars Jaguar XJ13 1967 W.I.P.

she likes to understeer! nice and planted out of the corners, should get the better of the Ford there.

i'm struggling a lot under braking at the moment (only done a few laps at Riverside so far) i need to find a way to keep it under control in the braking zones, my attempts to balance it with throttle are failing miserably at the moment :D

(i dont know a thing about physics btw :p)

Really ? :D Aphidgod succesfully tought her good manners when braking and coasting. Trust me it was waaaaaay more a Queen under braking and coasting before lol Sometimes does tramlining a bit. Maybe you do very agressive deaccelerating in way shorter distances than me, and bring too much into corner. I think you would learn it very well within few more laps :)

By the way, how you don't know anything about physics, but can be really fast ? That is a phenomenon. :O_o:

heheh i think i am starting to get the hang of it a bit now. it sounds really cool btw :). i was assuming it would be similarish to the Ford GT40 but going by the power and weight i guess the Jag is a bit faster?

im not that fast (certainly not alien) i guess to have decentish pace all you need to do is be critical of your own driving and get lots of practice :D
its easier said than done though i suppose, i find there are large plateaus where i dont really get any better interspersed with moments of clarity where i realize something i'm doing is wrong and take a step forward.

Yes XJ is slightly faster, it has more advantage on tracks with lots of straights. But it still does a very fair race against GT40. Racing with AI XJ doesn't win all the time. I'm not sure what would happen when racing against players. By the way, seems like GT40 became easier to drive recently, so that is a good thing. My best times with XJ13 and GT40 usually aren't very much apart, usually within 1second gap.

Nice point about discovering personal limitations, I had similar though when stopped improving some time ago :D I usually blame setups and gear (small laptop screen) and not myself :D

Glad that you like sounds :)

will host the car tomorrow along with the Ford. would have been today but the server has frozen during file transfer so i will have to wait for the boss to sort it out :D

Nice I hope I'll be there, don't want to miss it. I entered ALOOG today (because F40 and Yellowbird) couldn't finish a race - gearbox would get ruined before finishing 7laps, in result of worn off G25 shifter. I also possibly caused a crash right at the start, what a shame :redface:

I feel very thankful already, that is going to be very valuable as a test too. I wonder how guys with GT40 will keep up. shouldn't be impossible :)

I'll let my G25 Shifter to have more rest today till the server will start :D Normally it is ok. After longer breaks from using it can work perfectly, but if it gets used very often it starts to spit gears.

Sorry for pointless information :D Thanks again :)

it was tricky tonight with functional hardware, let alone without! stracker link in the OP of our thread if you want to check times tomorrow. i will try and find a track that will do the job in the morning :)

Try to beat me at Monza 66, or any other track.

Yeah... well... :redface:

Screenshot_jaguar_xj13_monza66_31-7-116-19-42-2.jpg

;)

But some more eyecandy at least... :)

Screenshot_jaguar_xj13_monza66_31-7-116-19-21-14.jpg

Screenshot_jaguar_xj13_monza66_31-7-116-19-34-3.jpg

Screenshot_jaguar_xj13_monza66_31-7-116-19-38-21.jpg

(Tyre blur seems to be missing?)

Screenshot_jaguar_xj13_monza66_31-7-116-19-37-58.jpg

Regarding the last pic... the environment behind the car seems to be sharp when looking through the right window. I don't know if you can do anything about it and if it's there everytime you are using the dof-filter. However, I was able to reproduce it and it seems to happen when the focus is on the window:

Screenshot_jaguar_xj13_monza66_31-7-116-19-53-19.jpg

I like your screens very much, I'll add some to download page :) You do justice for the model, and I like your style.

Tyre blur is added, I haven't made it very strong, but it is significant, no idea why in that screen blur is not activated, should be on. What bothers me more in that photo, is that tires seems to be without shadow there. Interesting.

That window is interesting two.... because there is an internal mesh, and internal glass material is assigned to it too.

Damn interior badly needs more detail, better texturing and AO. Engine too, though engine has almost enough detail.

I just made much better driver and steering animation, took 12 hours. Driver rig from The_Meco is super effective and helpful, but car requires shorter driver and exporting from blender to 3DS max causes some misplacement issues I guess, it was hard.

By the way, paint really does not look that bad, as well as rims. But people are right it should be a bit brighter, just I'm not sure how much brighter they expect. It has to be realistic. I'll follow very valuable data from Sovers and it will be perfect :) And there will be skins :)

Oh yeah... ALOOG-1 hosts GT40 vs XJ13 server, I've been told that it will stay like that next day too, so maybe somebody will gather up at the evenening, Europe time :)

Oh yeah... ALOOG-1 hosts GT40 vs XJ13 server, I've been told that it will stay like that next day too, so maybe somebody will gather up at the evenening, Europe time :)
do you have a password set up, or am I not allowed to join because of MR settings? (I never race online, so have no rating I guess)

No, I guess, I haven't visited the server yet, I'm not responsible for it. But I guess it can be very real that you can't because of a rating, maybe if you would do some clean laps in other servers you would get in ?

P.S. Just reworked Knock-offs aka spinners, and added blur for them :D

@NightEye87 Offered me his help with skins, and waiting for me to prepare templates :) Next update will have skins :)

do you have a password set up, or am I not allowed to join because of MR settings? (I never race online, so have no rating I guess)
(sorry for off topic mantasisg)
it will be because of MR. it certainly isnt my intention to exclude people for no reason but the quality of the racing without MR is not good a lot of the time (talking in terms of fairness, not driver pace.) if you have no rating at all you can get to AB pretty quickly if your smart about it (racing within 8m of others without contact will have you there in no time!)
we welcome suggestions and requests so if you do get your AB rating and want this car hosted again you only have to ask :)

back on topic

we raced the XJ13 at Nordschleife tonight, really good fun i have to say! i dont really know the track that well but was a joy to drive around there in the Jaguar. we were running quite a large amount of ballast in the XJ13 (150kg) so it could compete with the Ford GT40 but the car seemed to cope quite well. the brakes are definitely worse than the Fords (i ran into the back of my friend in a GT40 at one point :p) it certainly is a handful but in a completely different way to the Ford, more stable on throttle but brake/let off at the wrong time and the car will punish you for it!!

big thanks again to the team!

id quite like to race the car again tomorrow at more of a normal circuit, 1 lap races at Nords will not have provided any useful stats to show the cars pace against the GT40 (i do think 150kg is about right though for balance.) if not tomorrow then probably on Sunday :)

@Andy-R AWESOME ! Glad to read it :)

I visited the server, and it seemed to be quite successful today. Henri did few alien laps, and XJ with 150kg + is standing very closely to GT40 (or vice versa). Nordschleife is very demanding for this car, a lot of hard braking, elevations and high curbs.

Nice to know that you are planing to host a car one more time :) If successful race would happen, and rather many laps would be done, data would be very good. I think that more laps would be better for GT40, I feel like it takes few more laps for it to build pace.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back