Cars Jaguar XJ13 1967 W.I.P.

Ah okay!

I've downloaded an XJ13 off AssettoDB but it doesn't look anything near as good as the one in your OP and the sounds are abit lackluster.

Really looking forward to seeing this develop further as its one of my all time favourite cars. :thumbsup:

Nice, I see you like Jaguars :) I hope you'll like this one much more, the one you have downloaded is not a serious mod, model is from low-poly game, sounds from 312T, and physics feels like tweaked 312T physics.

This is in completely different class.

Can't agree more, sir. I doff my hat to you.

Your model there really is sublime, catches the lines of the real thing so gracefully.

Cannot wait.

Ah if only there was a C-Type or D-type in game to go with it!

I was thinking about them all, even started modelling E-Type lowdrag, something like Lindner Nocker. There are also amazingly good quality D-Type blueprints, I wonder if they are exact enough. Blueprints I had for XJ13 were far from exact :D

It is not impossible that Jaguar license will get into AC one day. And I think it would bring some iconic Jags. D-Type should be a must in AC. Any good modeler who can do good job, and try to gamble way to official content should go for D-Type right now ! :D

Some previews, ~0.7 WIP release soon after Red Pack hype comes down to normal level.

6VKmmjU.jpg

nV8ULWP.jpg

riJnM0j.jpg

As you can see tweak here and there is needed. More things to do for engine and interior.
Also driver is not quite decent yet.

YjPzRhM.jpg

44hzU1A.jpg

Well cold tires and low grip is really a challenge. You have to be careful till they get worm. Yesterday I had 4x10lap races with AI GT40 and XJ13 cars at Goodwood. With pitstops, coldest ambient temperature and dusty conditions. It was amazing. You have to be rather careful with braking because load transfer and engine braking. If you are going to be gready with throttle on corner exits you are probably going to work with steering a bit more :D Aphidgod is right on target, or very close with his physics.

In terms of model, by adding some detail and finding out that I can actually use 40 materials instead of 20 and learning a bit about detail.dds I was able to get .kn5 file really light - 38Mb. I think there are now 32-35 materials, fbx weights 6.3 Mb. Ofcourse for final release, I'm going to add some more detail, and maybe few AO maps for interior and maybe engine, so 5-10Mb may come back later.

I care about such things because I run midrange laptop, and I understand you guys who do too :D (LODS will come in final release).

Here is how recent optimisation looked like, it was a time when car weighted 160Mb lol

o2RSQsl.jpg

Goodwood is my little test track too, can't beat the revival feel! Have to work on the GT40 alot as i don't really think it handles that realistically, very twitchy compared to what i see the MKIs running like IRL so hopefully you guys get it right like you say. :)

I understand about the performance issue, but i built a PC (almost) purely for AC so i don't usually have a problem. I'd hate not to be able to see these works of art in their fullest form!

Really looking forward to this! Looks beautiful.
And performancewise it’s similar to the GT40?

Yes it is like 0.7%-1.0% faster, but it produces rather nice racing against GT40, aphidgod could tell more. Allso this is good read about that:
http://www.xj13.eu/XJ13Blog/post/20...t-Testing-Would-it-have-been-competitive.aspx.

I feel also like it is slightly easier to drive (also may be because of very much time spent driving it). But if you are not going to use tire blankets, then be really careful on first kilometers. Also try to do most braking in straight line.

@Seria17hri11er Have you tried latest physics ? They are like ~5days old :) IMO they are in completely new level.

@Darth mong Critique is very welcome in my world. ;)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 339 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 229 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 229 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 172 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 293 13.4%