Resource icon

Skins Jaguar XJ-13 historically inspired skins 1.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
NightEye87 submitted a new resource:

Jaguar XJ-13 historically inspired skins - Jaguar XJ-13 historically inspired skins

Some skins based on historic liveries. I made these years ago, I just corrected them to fit the new UV-map.

• #1 Surtees White - David Hobbs - Jaguar
  • #3 Andretti Green - Mario Andretti - Holman & Moody
  • #8 British Racing Green - Richard Attwood - Cooper-Maserati
  • #14 Gulf - David Piper - Jaguar
  • #19 Flag Blue Metallic - Ian Stewart - Ecurie Ecosse
  • #27 Sbarro Rosso - Franco Sbarro - Jaguar
  • #44 Group 44 Racing - Bob Tullius - Group 44 Racing

Read more about this resource...

Hate to disappoint you, but the pre-rebuild spec "S1" version uses a different texture mapping to the post-rebuild spec, complete with a different name.
The pre-rebuild AO map is called "9precrash BODY AO - Copy.dds" and so when renaming your post-rebuild files to the pre-rebuild name...
__custom_showroom_1611938603.png

I know it's a pain, but you'll have to rework the mapping of the skins again for the pre-rebuild spec. The post-rebuild skins are fine so leave them up while you edit the skins again.

Issues here too. Every new skin shows up as plain grey.
The new skins show up fine on the post-rebuild spec; it's the pre-rebuild spec that's the problem. As I stated above, the pre-rebuild version has a different texture mapping and a different AO file name;

"9precrash BODY AO - Copy.dds" - Pre-Rebuild (S1) spec
"BODY_AO_201804.dds" Post-Rebuild (base) spec

The new skins show up fine on the post-rebuild spec; it's the pre-rebuild spec that's the problem. As I stated above, the pre-rebuild version has a different texture mapping and a different AO file name;

"9precrash BODY AO - Copy.dds" - Pre-Rebuild (S1) spec
"BODY_AO_201804.dds" Post-Rebuild (base) spec
Thanks for informing. I was still on v0.99. Now I found out there has been an update to v1.0 (other site) and also a rework v2.0 (here on RD).
So, the reworked skins will (now) not work on the S1 (that I suspect to be the "Pre-Rebuild", right ?

Edit: indeed, I see now.

Last edited:
I had trouble getting any of the skins to work, FWIW. I assumed I had some mismatched 'dev copy' locally so I redownloaded Mantas' file over at assettocorsamods. No luck...

I had trouble getting any of the skins to work, FWIW. I assumed I had some mismatched 'dev copy' locally so I redownloaded Mantas' file over at assettocorsamods. No luck...
The problem is that the filenames for the AO mapping is so awkward; thankfully, clicking the body shell of the XJ13 in the Content Manager showroom will show what the skin has to be named for it to be applied; as listed in the tx_diffuse property of the element of the car in question

Which XJ13 is this for? I have this one:View attachment 440652
The name in the folder is simply "jaguar_xj13"
The link to the original mod is found under the "More information" button on the right :)

I know it's a pain, but you'll have to rework the mapping of the skins again for the pre-rebuild spec. The post-rebuild skins are fine so leave them up while you edit the skins again.
Hahaha oh dear. This simply can't go right now can it?
I haven't looked yet myself, but does S1 use a different mapping than what I first had? And is different to what the regular body now uses? I just assumed they were the same..

I'll see what I can do short term. For now, just don't use the s1 :whistling:

Last edited:
The link to the original mod is found under the "More information" button on the right :)

Hahaha oh dear. This simply can't go right now can it?
I haven't looked yet myself, but does S1 use a different mapping than what I first had? And is different to what the regular body now uses? I just assumed they were the same..

I'll see what I can do short term. For now, just don't use the s1 :whistling:

Ironically the old versions of the post-rebuild skins actually mapped better on the pre-rebuild version. Just fill in the black spaces on the old map with the colour of the base metal using the paint bucket tool and save for the lack of any baked-in shadows on the underside of the S1's wheel arches and front bumper you're almost good to go.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 109 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 150 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 285 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 414 40.0%