Jaguar MKII 4.2  No: 409 Coupe des Alpes GTL SKIN

Skins Jaguar MKII 4.2 No: 409 Coupe des Alpes GTL SKIN V1.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
Jon c submitted a new resource:

Jaguar MKII 4.2 No 409 Coupe des Alpes GTL SKIN - GTL SKIN by DonPanoz

Jaguar MKII 4.2 No. 409 "Coupe des Alpes"
=====================================
View attachment 292048 View attachment 292049
Skin was inspired by the No.409 Mark 1 Jag, that battled in the 1958 Rallye "Coupe des Alpes."
Installation:
-------------
Copy the "409" - folder in your "Gamedata\Teams\TC-65\Jaguar MK II 4.2" Folder
Have fun with it.

DonPanoz, 31. July 2011

Read more about this resource...

I wonder if you can help me. I work for the Jaguar Daimler Heritage Trust in Gaydon, England. We have an oil painting in our art collection and mounted on our 'Racing Wall', of the red Jaguar Mark I #409 from the 1958 Alpine Rally.

I am intrigued to know how/why this was chosen as the GTL SKIN mentioned here.

I am writing up the story of the painting for Art Collection section of the Trust website and some background on this would be a nice bit of detail to include.

Attachments

• WAR_JDHT_31-001 Robert Arnold - Mk1, 1958 Alpine Rally.jpg
    WAR_JDHT_31-001 Robert Arnold - Mk1, 1958 Alpine Rally.jpg
    115 KB · Views: 32
Reactions: jgf
Speaking for myself, for whatever series I'm working with at the time I will paint virtually any real world car for which I can find decent photos.

This car would be a good candidate for the P&G mod also. (GTL has cars as driven in vintage races today; the P&G mod, for GTR2, presents them as they raced in the sixties.)

Speaking for myself, for whatever series I'm working with at the time I will paint virtually any real world car for which I can find decent photos.

This car would be a good candidate for the P&G mod also. (GTL has cars as driven in vintage races today; the P&G mod, for GTR2, presents them as they raced in the sixties.)
Thanks JGF I understand your point of view. very few pictures of car 409 exist hence me wanting to know the background. Showing my lack of knowledge what is P&G?

P&G is a mod for GTR2. GTL simulates classic sport cars as they are raced today in vintage events; P&G takes those cars and reworks the physics and tires to represent them as they raced in the sixties and seventies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 86 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 122 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 170 14.7%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 321 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 455 39.3%