PC2 Jaguar F-Type to Feature in Project CARS 2

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Project CARS 2 Jaguar F Type.jpg

Slightly Mad Studios have confirmed the brand new Jaguar F-Type SVR will feature in the upcoming Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and Windows PC racing game Project CARS 2.

The F-Type is one of the legendary Jaguar brand's more recent performance cars and will be coming to Project CARS for the first time it has been confirmed by Slightly Mad Studios. The reveal from SMS adds yet another new for the franchise car and is one that is sure to arouse considerable interest from petrol heads looking forward to getting their hands on this stunning machine.

Launched by Jaguar as a direct rival to the main power house performance luxury manufacturers currently dominating the performance car marketplace, the vehicle has quickly helped re-establish Jaguar as a key player after a recent history littered with hit and miss successes over the past decade. Packing an incredible 5.0-litre supercharged V8 running to 567hp and capable of producing 0 to 100 km/h (62 mph) in 3.5 seconds and to a top speed of 322 km/h (200 mph), the F-Type SVR is the first Jaguar since the now classic XJ220 to reach that magical 200 mph - promising to be one of the most refined driving experience ever produced from the British marque.

Rear wheel drive, ample power, refined sports handling and Jaguar looks... what isn't to like?

In other Project CARS 2 content news the studio have posted another couple of tempting images from the upcoming game, this time showing off a pair of rather attractive Nissans in the form of the road going Nismo GT-R and the race prepared and ridiculously powered 300ZX Turbo, as can be seen below:
Project CARS 2 Nissan.jpg
Project CARS 2 Nissan 300ZX Turbo.jpg

We know Project CARS 2 will be shipping with over 170 cars at initial launch and already we have an idea about some of the cars expected to feature within the game. If you want to keep an eye out on what's been confirmed or leaked so far, check out the Project CARS 2: The Cars Revealed So Far thread (regularly updated) to stay abreast with the latest reveals.

Project CARS 2 will be available for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC towards the end of 2017.

Check out the Project CARS Series forum here at RaceDepartment for all the latest news and discussions regarding Project CARS on both PC, Xbox One and PlayStation 4. Browse out modding database, engage with the community or join in one of our many League and Club Racing events. Its all here at RaceDepartment.

Looking forward to getting behind the (virtual) wheel of the F-Type? What other Jaguar's would you like to see coming to PC2? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
Looking forward to getting behind the (virtual) wheel of the F-Type?
Yes I am. I can't remember the last time a Jaguar was available to drive in a sim as a piece of official content.

What other Jaguar's would you like to see coming to PC2?
If they have this it would be awesome if they included the Emil Frey Jaguar in the GT3 class. Would be nice to have.

F-Type my favourite price/performance car.
True successor of the E-Type.
Best car Jaguar has made since the E-Type.
When it came out first i only heard the designation, couldn't believe it's such a good car.
Couldn't believe Jaguar is still capable of those good things...
I'll buy it next (not the SVR though :().
Can't wait to try it out. Pcars really have to get it right with physics and FFB this time, comparable to Assetto Corsa. The cars i have driven IRL feel soo similar compared to AC (e.g. the annoying understeer from the 718 Boxster), while in Pcars 1 every road car feels like understeering ****. I hope they get it right...then i am very much looking forward to my favourite car.
Now Aston 11 please, and it'll be perfect

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 107 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 140 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 199 14.7%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 381 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing