Jaguar D-Type 1955 Long Nose

Cars Jaguar D-Type 1955 Long Nose 1.2

Login or Register an account to download this content
JeezyCreezy submitted a new resource:

Jaguar D-Type 1955 Long Nose - Car that won the 1957 Le Mans 24 Hours

My first 3D car I've made, I decided it would be cool if I could drive it around in Assetto Corsa. So I reached out the the community here on Race Department and they responded with a great amount of help and assistance. Thank you so much to all that contributed your advice and efforts.

Model and textures done by me (Samuel Rodgers)
Physics done by Aphidgod
Animations done by garyjpaterson

Please bare in mind this is my first attempt at something like this so if you come across any...

Read more about this resource...

20190328183121_1.jpg

Thanks for the car :) Looks like the windscreen is opaque at the moment and the default camera view is placed behind the driver.

Also maybe this wobble would work well on the bonnet if it was subtle?
https://ascobash.wordpress.com/2015/12/04/wobbling-exhaust-pipe/
Seems to have a lot of wobble based on this:

Amazing day, TVR, and now D-type :D

Had no issue with windshield transparency here.

Bad camera position was bad for first impression, but fixed with two clicks, so whatever. It is time to stop using bonnet cam :D

Physics are awesome, a bit quick for period pace maybe ? but I suppose it is more about the current GW revival pace.

Model wheels looks like if they are too large, but perhaps just illusion.

Physics are very good IMO. Very surprised about amount of roll, dive and squat. Also IMO car is very slow on suspension, while at the same time quite responsive with steering, also quite friendly with throttle on exit. Midturn - be carefult haha

The only oddity i see with the windscreen is its not set to transparent=1, perhaps its trying to render part of that track in front of the windscreen because of it? Not sure, looks fine otherwise to me.

Side note, I really would not include 3 extra copies of the model just to fill in as blank LODs - you have 135MB+ of unused models in the download. Same in the SFX folder, 35MB of unnecessary files.

Awesome! As mentioned, the windscreen is set up wrong, the driver is not visible from outside. You might want to delete the unpacked data folder to keep the file size slim / whatever. It's missing a lights.ini, this is my quick suggestion:

[HEADER]
VERSION=3

[BRAKE_0]
NAME=Brake_lights
COLOR=8,8,8
OFF_COLOR=1,1,1

[LIGHT_0]
NAME=Head_lights
COLOR=100,100,15
OFF_COLOR=0,0,0

Maybe someone running sol and shader patch can test by jumping onboard an AI car which is what I did when I experienced the issue.

Weird, I seem to be having the opposite from Andy..

Anything the windscreen clips with the sky turns pink/purple. This is with the latest sol/shaders patch.

dNu3fOQ.jpg

The driver position is so far back that once corrected the HUD is in your face in VR.

I also expected the steering to feel heavier.

Weird, I seem to be having the opposite from Andy..

Anything the windscreen clips with the sky turns pink/purple.

dNu3fOQ.jpg

The driver position is so far back that once corrected the HUD is in your face in VR.

I also expected the steering to feel heavier.
Ok it is something to do with object transparency then (I think.) We had a similar issue with the Griffith until @pctm_00 figured it out and the Ferrari 250GTO actually has it also but only visible on opponent cars and only in VR as far as I can tell (in that Ferrari.)

Last edited:
Hey Samuel, I am really super excited about this mod since I have seen you going about to bring this car to life in Assetto Corsa ;-)

When I saw it a little earlier that you uploaded the project to RD I was immediately about to check it out.

Here are a few quick points you and people who are testing it now may be interested in:

1.) I have written an extensive lights.ini with lots of comments, helping you for the car and am in the process of cleaning up the file and testing compatibility before sending you the file in a bit by PM.

I am also building an initial car config file to go with the car for additional features and improved lighting effects once the mod is further developed. I have set up a basic car config and am in the process of testing right now + solving a few issues, keeping in mind that a couple of mesh object related features in the model need changing for full feature sets ... stay tuned.

2) the windshield is setup incorrectly as had been mentioned above.
Here is an easy, super quick fix for anyone who is using Content Manager (I hope Samuel you are):
Open the car in Content Manager Custom Showroom and select the windshield:

2019-03-29-062552-screenshot.png

Click the menu button next to the material description "Glass_texture" (three vertical stacked dots):
2019-03-29-062607-screenshot.png

Click "Change Value" in the material preview screen:
View attachment 298797

Change the Depth Mode to "READ-ONLY":

2019-03-29-150453-screenshot.png

... and don't forget to click the SAVE button to finish.

Finished ... the windscreen will now be properly transparent.

3.) There are a couple of issues with the car physics setup ( I am sure you are working on this as an ongoing WIP).
If you need any help to build realistic physics for this car I would be very happy to help.
Just let me know.

I will post a little Sneak Peak about lighting in a bit ... got to get a STRONG cup of coffee first ;-)

Last edited:
I am very sorry if the above comment regarding car physics above comment sounded negative in any way.
I have now spend several hours of time digging through the existing physics files, comparing to available data and test driving and apart from a few minor changes the physics are VERY solid and accurate to available data. Again I am sorry - my mistake..

I promised a little sneak peak earlier (click for more detail):
The big car where she belongs ... on the country roads of France ...
Screenshot_jaguardtype_le_grand_circuit_1967_29-3-119-15-43-24.jpg

Screenshot_jaguardtype_le_grand_circuit_1967_29-3-119-15-53-15.jpg

I am very sorry if the above comment regarding car physics above comment sounded negative in any way.
I have now spend several hours of time digging through the existing physics files, comparing to available data and test driving and apart from a few minor changes the physics are VERY solid and accurate to available data. Again I am sorry - my mistake..

I promised a little sneak peak earlier (click for more detail):
The big car where she belongs ... on the country roads of France ...
View attachment 298815
View attachment 298817
The physics have been done by Aphidgod. I can assure you if there’s any discrepancy between available real data and data used in the sim, there’s very likely a good reason for it.

^ Thanks - a much-appreciated compliment considering the source.

I can also assure you that if there is anything in the physics that doesn't match available data, and anyone can provide me with such data, I'll make the necessary changes. But not until later this month - I'm leaving for Italy in a couple of hours and won't be anywhere near AC for a while.

Got the issue with the windshield and followed the instructions of Dirk steffen and worked, Kudos

Now, is normal that the car doesn't have "working" front and rear lights?, that will come later or I'm missing something?
yeah, i have SLP ( latest ) and Sol 1.1

Regards

Got the issue with the windshield and followed the instructions of Dirk steffen and worked, Kudos

Now, is normal that the car doesn't have "working" front and rear lights?, that will come later or I'm missing something?
yeah, i have SLP ( latest ) and Sol 1.1

Regards
It is being worked on.
I have exchanged all necessary files and Samuel is working hard ;-) It will come.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 73 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 103 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 145 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 274 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 399 40.0%