GT Sport Jaguar Announce All Electric Car For Gran Turismo

Paul Glover

I talk lots
EHtUf2SUUAEyFHG.jpg

Jaguar announce a new electric Hypercar for Gran Turismo, another addition to the Vision Gran Turismo series.

First up, you maybe asking what does Vision Gran Turismo mean? Well, it was launched to celebrate 15 years of Gran Turismo. Car manufacturers design new Grand Touring cars which are concepts to be added to the games ever growing catalogue of cars.

Jaguar have therefore given us the news about the new virtual Jaguar Vision Gran Turismo Coupé is the next to be added to the roster, it will be made available to the Gran Turismo Sport user base at the end of November.

The car is all electric car, the three motors generating 1,005HP, 885 pound-feet or torque and is all wheel drive. It will be able to achieve 62 mph is less than two seconds and will break the 200mph barrier, fast indeed.

The styling has me thinking about the Jaguar cars of the old.

granturismojag.jpg

Julian Thomson, Jaguar Design Director, said: “This project has been completely led by our young designers and represents a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for them to create a vehicle steeped in our incredible heritage but pushing the boundaries of future design. The team have done an incredible job in creating something which is clearly identifiable as a Jaguar, inspired – but not constrained – by our iconic past.”

Jaguar_Vision_Gran_Turismo_Coupé_Interior_25.10.19_004.jpg

The cabin has a futuristic look and as you can spot in the image above, regarding the cabin Jaguar say 'The interior of the Jaguar Vision GT Coupé has been designed to fuse Jaguar’s heritage with its contemporary interior philosophy of progressive luxury, purity, driver focus, and stunningly intricate details, all of which are allowed to breathe through the simplicity of the car’s design.'

With this car being all electric should not be a surprise to some, Jaguar complete in the Forumla E series and have an all electric car in their ranks called the Ipace.

It might be a virtual car, Jaguar have said it's been designed from the ground up! What are your thoughts on this new addition to the Gran Turismo Series? Will you be rushing to drive it when released? Let us know in the comments section below.

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

Last edited:
Those Gran Turismo cars are arguably, potentially, a cool thing to add to the game but I would rather have reproductions of real cars instead. I have never purchased any of them with credits and from time to time, I get one due to my daily workout.

Last edited:
A all electric car in a videogame, imagine all the roadtesting they had to do to get a good range and reliabity...oh wait...They just imagined everything, topspeed,range and handling, how convinient! :sneaky:

I wish these Anti Car enthusiasts, Global warming Alarmists, Would piss off with their Giant Batteries disguised as Cars. Just my opinion so settle down \|/ :)

Last edited:
I wish these Anti Car enthusiasts, Global warming Alarmists, Would piss off with their Giant Batteries disguised as Cars

Kidding aside, we now live in a polarized world.
But there is room for different ideas and ideals.

Tagging others with anti- this or alarmist that and having them piss off doesn’t change much.
Actually it only makes us more tribal.
If you are not with us you are against us.

Problem however we seldom understand what us means and it is not even a fixed thing.
I am a white male european in my late forties, wive, three kids etc.

I’ll stop preaching, but this aggression in discourse is getting endemic, especially online - where extreme views are easy in the safety of our physical isolation.

Vroom vroom....

...a virtual only electric concept car.

The design is a deathtrap though.
Canopy and no doors. Imagine flipping this car on its top, damaging the canopy release system (or not finding any on the outside) and having a nice chem reaction - aka fire. You need to have an external means of opening the canopy and ideally some emergency release (bring in the explosive bolts, wire or something - yeah, some aviation tech will do).

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 92 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 125 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 171 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 335 28.1%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 465 39.0%