GT Sport Jaguar Announce All Electric Car For Gran Turismo

Paul Glover

I talk lots
EHtUf2SUUAEyFHG.jpg

Jaguar announce a new electric Hypercar for Gran Turismo, another addition to the Vision Gran Turismo series.

First up, you maybe asking what does Vision Gran Turismo mean? Well, it was launched to celebrate 15 years of Gran Turismo. Car manufacturers design new Grand Touring cars which are concepts to be added to the games ever growing catalogue of cars.

Jaguar have therefore given us the news about the new virtual Jaguar Vision Gran Turismo Coupé is the next to be added to the roster, it will be made available to the Gran Turismo Sport user base at the end of November.

The car is all electric car, the three motors generating 1,005HP, 885 pound-feet or torque and is all wheel drive. It will be able to achieve 62 mph is less than two seconds and will break the 200mph barrier, fast indeed.

The styling has me thinking about the Jaguar cars of the old.

granturismojag.jpg

Julian Thomson, Jaguar Design Director, said: “This project has been completely led by our young designers and represents a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for them to create a vehicle steeped in our incredible heritage but pushing the boundaries of future design. The team have done an incredible job in creating something which is clearly identifiable as a Jaguar, inspired – but not constrained – by our iconic past.”

Jaguar_Vision_Gran_Turismo_Coupé_Interior_25.10.19_004.jpg

The cabin has a futuristic look and as you can spot in the image above, regarding the cabin Jaguar say 'The interior of the Jaguar Vision GT Coupé has been designed to fuse Jaguar’s heritage with its contemporary interior philosophy of progressive luxury, purity, driver focus, and stunningly intricate details, all of which are allowed to breathe through the simplicity of the car’s design.'

With this car being all electric should not be a surprise to some, Jaguar complete in the Forumla E series and have an all electric car in their ranks called the Ipace.

It might be a virtual car, Jaguar have said it's been designed from the ground up! What are your thoughts on this new addition to the Gran Turismo Series? Will you be rushing to drive it when released? Let us know in the comments section below.

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

Last edited:
Kidding aside, we now live in a polarized world.
But there is room for different ideas and ideals.

Tagging others with anti- this or alarmist that and having them piss off doesn’t change much.
Actually it only makes us more tribal.
If you are not with us you are against us.

Problem however we seldom understand what us means and it is not even a fixed thing.
I am a white male european in my late forties, wive, three kids etc.

I’ll stop preaching, but this aggression in discourse is getting endemic, especially online - where extreme views are easy in the safety of our physical isolation.

Vroom vroom....
It's just an opinion and depending on your sensitivity levels based on indoctrination programs in our public school institutions , your perception will differ, some may see it as aggressive while others humorous, others truthful, others Neutral etc. That's one good reason that freedom of speech and freedom of expression is so important , whether its offensive or friendly , you as a individual have the right to disagree or agree based on your critical thinking and then the right to Debate the conversation with facts and figures to prove your argument. Without those freedoms how can you make a personal judgement on someone if you don't know what their really thinking because they have been suppressed from making a controversial opinion. How would you know your friends from your Enemies ? How would you prevent a mass attack occurring , if the attacker is prevented from making his/her opinions known on social media because it offends people? Free speech is crucial for this reason alone let alone the 88,000 other reasons . It's ok to be offended it's ok to offend These are the keys to opening up communication and debate for an improved society,, suppression is not ok and no one learns or benefits from suppression., Only dictators and Communists win from suppression.

Last edited:
When I was a child we had Corgi,Matchbox,Dinky & Hot Wheels cars.My least favorite cars were the fantasy or design concept cars because they were not real cars.
The only one I llked was the Pininfarina Modulo which in my opinion looks better than all the Gran Turismo concept cars & still looks futuristic & it was made in 1970.
1970_Pininfarina_Ferrari_512S_Modulo_01_1.jpg

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 143 13.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 105 10.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 97 9.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 75 7.1%
  • < 5 years