Jacques Villeneuve aiming to set up own Formula 1 team

I think it's good. One thing you can't deny about Villeneuve is he is massively passionate about motorsport, and having someone like him around the paddock can only be good for F1. He will have to become more media friendly but thats one of the reasons he's racing NASCAR and V8'S.

I think he does have the financial under control because it would be just stupid to tell this for the Public media, it would just end up like US F1 but I belive that with the passion that Villeneuve has will he be able to push the workes forward and have a a competitive car.

alright. with that america can get their hopes back up after the poor usf1 effort. jaques i think can get it done but knowing him he probably won't aim for america. he'll be all over the world scouting for new guys. but still be nice to have a team in north america

Yeah, italian based team. A joint venture with Durango motorsports. And Villeneuve has said all the finances are in place from corperate sponsorship. As a cost cutting measure Villeneuve is possibly going to drive for the first year at least before going into a team management role when the time is right.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 117 12.9%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 93 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 86 9.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 60 6.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 125 13.7%