I've tried every skill/aggression combo and AI keeps trying to push me off track on straights when I'm passing...

TedBrosby-

Premium
Realistic behavior: They move in front of your line to keep you from getting inside, but once you're inside, you're inside, stay on your driving lane and avoid hitting.
ACC: They move away from braking line and try to block even though you're already inside, and try to push you off the road even when you're already half way to a pass.

People say it's a visibility issue, I disagree entirely. AI does it even at the beginning of a long straight and even though the AI driver directly in front of them is running a completely different driving line. It's obviously reactive. And in iRacing or any other sim, it's a protestable bannable offense.

But in ACC it's normal?

Settings I've tried - 100 skill down to 80 skill. I don't wanna go lower than 95 skill because even at 95, they're pathetically slow on entry in corners.
I've tried all the way to the lowest AGGR allowed and they still try to cut into me when I'm attacking them out of a corner.
Edit: Just to be clear, I don't want to race against AI, but it's the only feasible way for me to farm SA without going into open lobbies where there's a high chance of wreck/punts.
I want to go into higher SA servers but you can't get safety just by doing clean laps (which is also BS imo).

• Deleted member 197115

As said in title, I’ve tried every combo including 100/100. They try to run me off the track.
Doesn't happen to me with Aggression at 95. That was a game changer in my case.
But we might have different driving style and surrounding awareness, I am using VR, that might have effect too.

As said in title, I’ve tried every combo including 100/100. They try to run me off the track.

Can't say I've ever experienced this behaviour myself either (I normally run 95/95). The AI can be pretty early on the brakes and tentative mid-corner, so you need to allow for that (i.e. try not to dive-bomb them). But other than that, I'm not sure what to suggest.

Edit: Just to be clear, I don't want to race against AI, but it's the only feasible way for me to farm SA without going into open lobbies where there's a high chance of wreck/punts.
I want to go into higher SA servers but you can't get safety just by doing clean laps (which is also BS imo).

I find the best approach is to manually look for a server that has a '3 Track Medals' requirement (plus some kind of SA filter, if possible). YMMV, by I've found that it results in cleaner racing that if you just jump into some random lobby.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 228 14.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 157 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 156 10.1%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 117 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 222 14.3%