I've just been blown away...

Ok... Seriously... this is for who plays with headphones.
I've a Logitech G430 headset and I accidentally, under a curiosity attack, I've tried to plug them in my Creative Speakers
headphones.jpg
slot.
I went from "This is the best sound I've ever heard" to this:
c9f.gif

It's officially the point-of-no-return... And I've started to lose my decibels already

Holy Crap. You want to hear something funny. Ive been using my sony xb500 headphones, plugged into the headphone jack on my logitech speakers. And using Razer Surround to emulate 7.1 sound. Ive always thought its sounded pretty decent. After reading this I decided to plug the heaphones directly into the PC's headphone jack and WOW. It sounds so much better. So much crisper and louder. Thank god I saw this thread. I would never have thought there would be a difference. Even the surround sound sounds more.... "surroundy" lol

Sound is definitely one of the most important aspect. To me anyway.
I got myself this set of speakers for my pc,
http://audioengineusa.com/news/Audioengine-Introduces-A5-Premium-Powered-Speaker-System
150w of pure goodness , Best 500$ i have ever spent, I combine them with a Bose sub and man oh man this thing rocks.

For headset i got a turtle beach 7.1 set ( connected pass trough from the pc via Optical )
I specifically got my motherboard because it had on-board Creative Soundblaster X-Fi Digital Audio Processor(20K2) Does Dolby and Dts. Sound is king for me and that's one of the reason i love R3e so much.

Last edited:
I listen to some music and have recycled audio equipment:
- Headphone Grado SR60: Very clear sound (nothing to do with Beat for instance) for less than 120€
http://www.gradolabs.com/headphones
Absolutely not made for gaming and I will a contract on my head if it's known I use it for that.
I also have a Seinheiser HD-25 (model used by most of sound engineers) but for gaming I prefer the Grado that is not "closed" headphone.
- Audio amplifier Fiio E7 (new model is E17) : It cost only 70€. I use it everyday with my iphone and discovered it also provide some added value on sim engine sounds as well.

I use my PX21s when I'm gaming on PC. Decent sound, no surround, but they do the job.

When I'm flight simming though, I have a set of creative 2.1s and I have the bass woofer at head height on a shelf above the monitor. In an open cockpit prop I can feel the puffs of wind hitting my hair as the propeller goes round. :roflmao:

I'm using a PX21's as well and getting surround with Dolby Digital Live. The audio in this game leaves everything else standing. The importance of good audio is often overlooked - thankfully Simbin/Sector 3 always deliver.

Just a note.
Yesterday night I've launched AC for a few laps on Nurburgring with the Bmw Z4.
I was paying attention to the sound :)speechless:) and I did notice (quite obvious) that the output level is better there.
The overall volume is strong enough to "surround" you in a nice way: you feel the engine really close to you.
R3E is far superior in quality but it lacks a tad in output power. Of course it's resolvable with the use of a pair of pre-amped speakers (the ones I use now) but for those who just don't have them...
I made this test with my Logitech G430 plugged in thru the USB.
Any chance devs can pump up the volume in future updates?

No get better gear instead. Nice to see at least one is not using "gaming headphones" for gaming.

Audiophile master race :D

Sound is important but is often totally overlooked in our racing simulations. Simbin has always been better then average here though.

I use Audeze LCD-2s, Sony CD 3K and JVC DX 1000s. Hooked to a reciever I use for the DAC and amplification. Mostly I use the Sony CD 3K because they have well worn velour pads that breathes well but they are also relatively fast for being dynamics and has good detail and a great aggressive energy when the revs goes up.

No get better gear instead. Nice to see at least one is not using "gaming headphones" for gaming.

Audiophile master race :D

Sound is important but is often totally overlooked in our racing simulations. Simbin has always been better then average here though.

I use Audeze LCD-2s, Sony CD 3K and JVC DX 1000s. Hooked to a reciever I use for the DAC and amplification. Mostly I use the Sony CD 3K because they have well worn velour pads that breathes well but they are also relatively fast for being dynamics and has good detail and a great aggressive energy when the revs goes up.
GAWD! :confused:
This is top notch stuff man!! I bet it sounds incredibly in there but methink I won't spend that much... This equipment is the fifth essence of sound purity! :roflmao:
I just want a nice roaring sound when playing... but if/when I get a bigger house I'll consider creating a "music room" and put some serious stuff in there ;)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 228 14.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 157 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 155 10.1%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 117 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 218 14.2%