I've been and gone and done it :-)

As the title says, I've taken the plunge and ordered a Fanatec DD1 bundle, and taking the risk that my dear lady wife is possibly ;) going to go totally bonkers when she finds out.
My wheel was the last bit of kit in my rig which wasn't quite as good as the rest of the hardware in my rig.
I have a TM TS-PC, at the moment, a nice wheel for what it is, but not at the same fidelity level as a DD wheel.
Wish me luck with my wife when it arrives :D

Last edited:
I have strengthened it conciderably with 25x25mm tubing, I think it'll be stiff enough to be getting on with. If it is terrible, I can get the 80/20 Rig sooner than I'd planned. No worries.
Well, some of you predicted, my GT Omega Art is a bit sub optimal for the DD1 ;)
It's drivable, but because of the stupid construction in the area where you have to bolt the wheel on, it hasn't turned out well. There is a square tube under the mounting plate exactly where the mounting holes for the DD1 should be drilled. So I was forced to drill through the tube, and use longer bolts. But everybody knows how hard it is to drill through a tube exactly straight, and the result is, that it's ever so slightly out of whack. Just enough so that I see it every time I look at the rig. I will be ordering a sim racing rig from Motedis. They're on sale at the moment, they have 25 kits on sale, and when they're gone, they're gone. I'll be ordering one first thing tomorrow, the GT Omega junk is going in the bin. I'll give it away if anybody wants to collect it. I'll be using the seat, but the rest is complete.
But to the actual subject of this thread, the DD1. I'll just say this: Rob a bank, sell your daughters, divorce your wife, but get a DD wheel :thumbsup:
It's bloody brilliant, after three laps in Spa, I drove a 2.15.9 with the.LMP2 Oreca
I have never managed to get under 2.20 ever with the TS-PC.
A bon us effect is, because I can connect my V3 pedals, the shifter and the handbrake directly to the DD1, I have saved any amount of USB extention cables, and a 9-port powered USB hub. And I have still got USB ports over now.
It is a quantum leap, I never would've thought that there is such a difference between DD and belt drive. I admit I was suspicious of the hype, but one evening has convinced me that there really is a difference.
Once I get it really dialled in with a bit of fine tuning I'm going to be even happier.
Hmm, how much do the Heusinkfeld pedals cost.......;) Maybe I could get away with just two pedals: I splurged €200 extra (using the excuse to myself that the bundle price was €100 cheaper, that's man maths at doctorate level:D), on the paddle upgrade where you can set it up to have a hand clutch, it must work?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 250 15.1%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 167 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 166 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 122 7.4%