I've been and gone and done it :-)

As the title says, I've taken the plunge and ordered a Fanatec DD1 bundle, and taking the risk that my dear lady wife is possibly ;) going to go totally bonkers when she finds out.
My wheel was the last bit of kit in my rig which wasn't quite as good as the rest of the hardware in my rig.
I have a TM TS-PC, at the moment, a nice wheel for what it is, but not at the same fidelity level as a DD wheel.
Wish me luck with my wife when it arrives :D

Last edited:
As the title says, I've taken the plunge and ordered a Fanatec DD1 bundle, and taking the risk that my dear lady wife is possibly ;) going to go totally bonkers when she finds out.
My wheel was the last bit of kit in my rig which wasn't quite as good as the rest of the hardware in my rig.
I have a TM TS-PC, at the moment, a nice wheel for what it is, but not at the same fidelity level as a DD wheel.

Why does it say : "Awaiting approval before being displayed publicly" above my post? Never seen that before, I'm just curious...

Upvote 0
Good luck man. I just bought a DD wheel for myself and I'm a little mad at myself for spending that much. I recommend you get right on selling your old wheel. That was a condition of me getting new gear, the old gear needed to be sold.

Upvote 0
Good luck man. I just bought a DD wheel for myself and I'm a little mad at myself for spending that much. I recommend you get right on selling your old wheel. That was a condition of me getting new gear, the old gear needed to be sold.
I'm hoping my old wheel is going to sell relatively quickly. I have a TS-PC with three rims, all with QR. I guess that's a sought after wheel, it hasn't given me a moments trouble since I bought it. Can't wait for the new one though, my wife was even good about it, that's a relief :)

Upvote 0
Yeah holding all threads for moderation is indeed maximizing our income. Has nothing to do of course with removing threads that shouldn't be here.

Thanks @GuitarTech for the 400 euro payment yesterday. We have approved this post for you buddy :roflmao:
I hung another zero on the amount, you guys do a good job, you deserve it :D
But seriously: was it because of the modified "f" word in the first version of my post?
I'd like to know for the next time ;)

Upvote 0
If you havent told her, good luck! Btw, when she kills you, can I have the TS-PC dirt cheap? I may even get it for free if I help her dig your hole... #morbidhomour

Upvote 0
If you havent told her, good luck! Btw, when she kills you, can I have the TS-PC dirt cheap? I may even get it for free if I help her dig your hole... #morbidhomour
Actually, she was very good about it, I nearly fell under the table, I was so surprised. But I cheated a bit: I didn't actually tell her how much it'd cost, I just said I'd saved a bit due to the black Friday week, actually a bundle price saving of €100. So, it's all turned out or the best.
Happy wife, happy life :)
But the TS-PC still up for sale, complete with three rims, all with QR. My new DD1 should be here by the weekend at the latest, I'm hoping for Friday.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I hung another zero on the amount, you guys do a good job, you deserve it :D
But seriously: was it because of the modified "f" word in the first version of my post?
I'd like to know for the next time ;)
No, no. All threads in this simracing hardware forum are held in moderation first and need manual approval by a moderator to become visible.

But our forum software needs a bit of tweaking as people think we delete their messages which we don't. It simply waits for manual approval which 99,99% of the threads do get.

Upvote 0
Yes...bolt that DD bad boy onto your GT cockpit and you'll soon realise why you need that 80/20 rig!
Then it's onto Heusinveld Pedals!
I have strengthened it conciderably with 25x25mm tubing, I think it'll be stiff enough to be getting on with. If it is terrible, I can get the 80/20 Rig sooner than I'd planned. No worries.

Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 77 12.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 55 8.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 63 10.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 37 6.0%
  • < 5 years