Its worth to get AMS2 for racing DTM90s ? The MB 190E physics are good ?

Hey there !

I already own R3E,AC,ACC,iRacing but I only keep on playing AC and ACC.

ACC is great but now Im interested to get AMS2 and race with the Mercedes 190E DTM (like I already did in R3E and AC).

I love to drive this car but on R3E I dont like the physics and the feeling on this car.

On AC it feels great but there are no communities and server wich takes race with these DTM90s-Cars (only public trackday).

A few years ago I played ProjectCars 2 ... but I dont like the "drive-feeling" and physics...there is no sim-character.

...so I thought about to buy AMS2 - but can someone tell me if there are some DTM90s Server to race ? Physics are comparable with PC2 or AC ?

Thank you
Bye and sorry for my bad english :D

I don't think my reply will be helpful to you.. But I'll tell you the minute you ask for opinions on stuff like physics you'll get varied answers.

We all have a bad habit of comparing two different sims and expecting one we're used too, to feel the same as another, and if it don't its bad.

They won't be the same and you shouldn't look for that as you'll most likely find dissapointment.

We always get used to what we know and even when there's improvement and still prefer the old version we're used too.

Always reset your brain and keep an open mind with a little bit of patience.

You can always get a refund in a couple of hours on steam.

The best is to decide by yourself and don't rely too much on opinions.

Last edited:
Well the Merc and BMW were very well received across the board.

You can take them on historic tracks too.

My answer is yes go for it. They drive well for what they are it's a lot of fun. Dialing in the setups is not difficult and you'll get a lot of fun out of the Merc. The procar is there too. So that's 3 you'll be interested in.

I think they plan on adding more. I don't think you'll regret it and you can come in with an open mind now the games been developed substantially.

I laud race room all the time. But it's hit and miss per track with those cars. The old ones. Hehe yes the 2020 is rock solid and 16, 18 etc. It's true the old ones from the 90s can be great but they are excruciating compared to the 2020s. Maybe that's legit. They can be fun. But you want an option and yes ams2 will be good.

You'll appreciate the probably exaggerated but feel-authentic nature of the ams2 cars. They're a lot easier to drive, still clunky but more no nonsense.

Last edited:
In race room you should try the ch7 Australian V8 90s shell super car. You'll know which one it is. The dtms they seemed to do different with. The shell channel 7 car is a blast to drive. Highly recommended.

I think they wanted all them to be a challenge. It's good. But you'll like ams2 as well.

Last edited:
90's DTM class in AMS2 in it's current state is the closest thing to driving a vintage BMW. I drove the E30 325i and later the E36 328i a lot back in the 90´s and I would dare to say the the DTM M3 puts me virtually back in it's seat a lot if you make the setup a bit softer and higher. I usually judge Sims by RL driving experince in high Performance BMW (Z1, 850i, M5, Z3) and Porsches (924S, 911 Carrera S) from the 90's and not by other sims, that's why I can tell nothing about Formula cars. I got to drive am Ferrari 328 once, but only in city limits, so no real driving experience at all with it.

Last edited:
Hey there !

I already own R3E,AC,ACC,iRacing but I only keep on playing AC and ACC.

ACC is great but now Im interested to get AMS2 and race with the Mercedes 190E DTM (like I already did in R3E and AC).

I love to drive this car but on R3E I dont like the physics and the feeling on this car.

On AC it feels great but there are no communities and server wich takes race with these DTM90s-Cars (only public trackday).

A few years ago I played ProjectCars 2 ... but I dont like the "drive-feeling" and physics...there is no sim-character.

...so I thought about to buy AMS2 - but can someone tell me if there are some DTM90s Server to race ? Physics are comparable with PC2 or AC ?

Thank you
Bye and sorry for my bad english :D
From what you are asking, no, do not get AMS2 for those cars, but get it for the Brazilian content.

90's DTM class in AMS2 in it's current state is the closest thing to driving a vintage BMW. I drove the E30 325i and later the E36 328i a lot back in the 90´s and I would dare to say the the DTM M3 puts me virtually back in it's seat a lot if you make the setup a bit softer and higher.

Interesting. What do you think of the differential being fixed quite open on them, resulting in relatively little ability to power oversteer without inducing the infamous "one-tyre fire"? Is that also realistic in your experience?

Interesting. What do you think of the differential being fixed quite open on them, resulting in relatively little ability to power oversteer without inducing the infamous "one-tyre fire"? Is that also realistic in your experience?
I'm used to it because the default Diff lock for the BMW M models is 24% or the classic 60/40 ramp. Since I never drove a DTM spec car, I cant see much wrong with it. Power oversteer in the BMWs prior to ESP was very snappy and happened quickly without much warning even at low speed and on dry tarmac. It got better with the central point-guided double wishbone rear axle that saw use first in the DTM.
I had a few bad moments in this regard with the old M5 E34 resulting in a depart from the road.

The regulations of DTM back then demanded that the cars had to be very close to the Homologation models in regards to engine and transmission and chassis used. The main point of DTM was advertising for the automobile industrie.
The idea of the series was, that you could buy the next day what you saw racing the day before.

Those cars were safe and drove safe if you did provoke it to overteer, but the rear was quite light and they were horrible in the wet and on snow.

Last edited:
To further claryfy what i try to say:

The default AMS2 DTM M3 setup is a very stable and planted one, but....

Put wet tyre compound on
2.0 bar front 1.9 bar rear tyre pressure
Give it the original 1.8° rear Camber and 0° front toe
Remove rear downforce

voila.... you have created the dreaded BMW drift machine with that loose end all the high power E30 models were known for... you now have the early 90's saturday night disco suicide machine it was.

btw: it is true, we really used to put 20kg road salt bags into the trunk in winter for extra weight on the rear.

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 315 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 216 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 213 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 157 7.7%
  • < 5 years