Its murder out there

Well last few days i have been playing online for the first time, what can i say i get 1/2 down the field in quali when its a full feild so not bad but every race out of about 40i have had i end up in the wall. I mean apart from you guys here is there any good races online or am i wasting my time.

I may just wait until i see a race with you lot i can join

what races you doing are you just going on the public online server if so then yeah your get punted and shoved around lrft right and center the driving in public server is wreckless 90% of the time, do a race on here and your be like wow, its a totally diffrent race,

publics are very much hit and miss. you will find if you start to creep nearer the front in quali you can get a good break away and race with like minded individuals. other thing i have tried, if you're just looking for a a chance to overtake people and develop racecraft with no worry about the final position do not set a quali and race from the back. you'll find there's a big pile up which you can capitalise on sometimes :)

Yeah I find that if you can escape the inevitable first corner chaos, the races can be ok if you're up the front because that's where the better drivers tend to be. Conversely, there are also a lot of drivers who are quick, so you'd expect them to race fairly, but will just drive you off the road, incredibly frustrating...

Usually if it's a track I'm not too good at, so I'm likely to be in the middle of the pack at the start I'll get myself DQ'd in quali and start from the back - the chances of finishing up the front diminish because usually the people at the front are way ahead by the time you fight through the field, but at least you get some entertaining racing, occasionally!...

Well a reason why public servers now are full of these maniacs is that skidrow has cracked steam client id's. There are now hundreds of users named skidrow entering servers with a cracked copy of all simbin titels. I have noticed this the past week, ad was wondering why user name skidrow or several of them where parking on the track and causing mayhem in every server.

Well a reason why public servers now are full of these maniacs is that skidrow has cracked steam client id's.

To be honest, they were full of maniacs before that too. I usually run around the middle of the field so I don't have the advantage of starting at the front or getting there during the race. That's why I never use public servers any more. The only place I race these days is here at RD.

Well a reason why public servers now are full of these maniacs is that skidrow has cracked steam client id's. There are now hundreds of users named skidrow entering servers with a cracked copy of all simbin titels. I have noticed this the past week, ad was wondering why user name skidrow or several of them where parking on the track and causing mayhem in every server.

Ahhh so that's what it is - I thought I'd seen SKIDROW popping up several times, and when I reported three drivers on Conline's servers, they were banned and all three had the steam id skidrow. Did a google and found out roughly what skidrow was (other than an awesome 80s band), and it didnt seem to make sense in the context of Race...

There are a lot of good races in the publics. There are times that kids prevail, whether they're kids or adults acting like kids. There ARE times that drivers there think that the only thing is winning and there are drivers there that have no idea how a real race is driven.

The publics offer a lot, a chance to drive the track of your desire for that day and time, a chance to trim out a car. You can pick a small field to drive with or choose to get pounded in a full filed with no chance neccessarily of even staying in the race. If you have trouble handling traffic, you can experience that all you want in the publics and build your confidence.

You just have to realize, all the time that you're there that many of the other drivers don't have the mental set that you are driving with as there are no rules in most and few rules in some.

I do a lot of driving here at RD. You are my drivers of choice. Most all of you are faster, I'm usually last in line here and I'd rather race here than there. In the publics, I can even win a race once in a while, almost did last night in Cat's believe it or not! I enjoy the publics, you should pick them to race in at times and drive like you're at an RD event!

The only problem with these online servers is that even if i try to keep it clean i always get punted by some guy and the back of the field not braking into the first corner. There are no repercussions for this, and they are pretty much on all the public servers. I almost always end up with suspension damage and though i still have fun in the race challenging for the midfield, it just doesnt feel right. Having said that, just the other day i was having a great fair race in which i lead for nearly half, which is suprising for a driver of my skill. And if you find the right people it can be an awesome experience. But these public servers are far too inconcistant. I really cant wait to get involved in some of these RD races after my new broadband comes in and hopefully try to finish in the points :)

Its also the insults i see on chat as well that bothers me with the public racing. sometimes it is really bad. Also i usually don't do qualifying runs on public servers. Most of the time when I start from the back, depending on track I can make up position because of the Fubaring everyone doe's on the first turn. I find Monza a good one to start from back of grid. I would say a quarter of of grid make their mistakes right at the start coming into chicane. One time on Monza I went from 19th to 7th place at first chicane just by hanging back, and finished in 7th place.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back