It's distracting me too much now, I have to know.....

How do you stop that dopey virtual gearstick waving backwards and forwards in the Alfa GTV? For a so called sim, to see the gearstick wag forwards then backwards like Harry Potters wand every gear change whether it be up or down, is making me laugh so much I can't concentrate on driving any more!

rFactor managed to simulate the gearstick moving through the gate properly, so either these guys should have got it right or not bothered.

If I can stop it from being viewable, I would be in with a better chance of finishing a lap...

Cheers

Les

How do you stop that dopey virtual gearstick waving backwards and forwards in the Alfa GTV? For a so called sim, to see the gearstick wag forwards then backwards like Harry Potters wand every gear change whether it be up or down, is making me laugh so much I can't concentrate on driving any more!

rFactor managed to simulate the gearstick moving through the gate properly, so either these guys should have got it right or not bothered.

If I can stop it from being viewable, I would be in with a better chance of finishing a lap...

Cheers

Les
you mean the Alfa GTA? You can just delete (or rename) the car_shift.ksanim and shift.anim in the cars "animations" folder

Just an aside, Kunos didn't see fit to animate the full range for H-pattern (or even sequential) shifters. All shift knobs have only one animation. Paddles are the only shift method have both an up and a down animation.

Unfortunate, for sure, but I honestly don't notice it 99% of the time. Too focused on not screwing up my lines.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back