It's been a while, but here's a new track

Nice, looks like a good layout!
works so much better than the original layout i'd built.

I ballsed the start up and had to fight the whole race, then around lap 13 the tyres dropped off and that was it, no hope with that gaggle on my arse. But i like that type of racing.

One thing I'm very happy with is the closeness of the racing. As you are fully aware, the hours it takes doing laps and tweaking everything from the .aiw files to talent .rcd files, to get the AI where you want them, it's a task.

I love the fact that if I make one slight mistake, out break myself when the tyre deg kicks in and run wide, or just go over the curb and drag on the gravel, then two or three or four will come past and you've dropped places. Then when battling with AI, they will come back at you and retake positions. You can't just fly past and then they drop off behind.

Also. if you watched the full video, you may have noticed that it's a 50 car grid. 15 laps on a reletively fast short circuit (4.1km) and not a single back marker.
20 laps and you do start to get lapped cars, (or if an AI pits for repairs/tyres). but normal race conditions and you only really get back markers toward the last couple of laps. Creating a 50 car grid that close took time but was worth it, when you get it right it all feels worthwhile. Makes the racing so much more interesting.

Another good looking one.

Now what about making a YouTube video with anti-aliasing and the Anniversary Patch to make it look its best? :)

Modern GTR2 videos drive me crazy when they leave the graphics at low defaults.

I work a lot with after effects and premier pro for my business, but i'm guessing it's something to do with the refresh rate/screen rate of games maybe? not really something i deal with in my usual video editing, so happy to be talked through it if it results in smoother looking graphics.

This :)

OK. thanks. so that's not the 10th anniversary patch then?
I installed the 10th anniversary patch some years ago.

I think i downloaded this one some time ago but when i read the list of updates none of them seemed relevent ( given i've built my own tracks, HQ textures, skins, tyre data etc ) so don't think i installed it.

Will give it a try. Thanks.

This :)
OK .. installed... yes makes a lot of difference. Thanks

Now what's this anti aliasing thing? I've tried searching and can't find anything on how to modify that?

Ya, there you go. And you can override anti-aliasing in NVIDIA Inspector or whatever the equivalent is for AMD.

You can get way better anti-aliasing than GTR2's defaults and at better performance. Here's my settings:

or whatever the equivalent is for AMD.

It's AMD Radeon, I tweaked the anti-aliasing settings, tried a few different things, there's three pre-settings for peformance, balanced, or optimal images. Tried all three. There's a pre-set for Race Department (which i don't have) tried that, made it worse. i searched online for settings recommendations, but nothing i tried made any difference tbh. In some cases it made it worse.

Problem is... i wasn't really aware of it before, but now i am, now i can't stop noticing the 'edges'.

I always think that aliasing problems can be fixed with correct number of mip maping for textures.
I would look the VLM tracks mip mapping and for wich size of textures are used. (and for what types: rumbles, fences, trees, etc.)
But Im not a track guy.
I also try in 3dsimed (trial ver.) with the trees (changing the Bias parameter) and their were very different in distance on how they look.
If you try some would you let me know?

Also you can use my Patch to make your tracks look better. Specially if you can create a track using the DEV version of new shaders that I post.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back