Misc It's about to rain weather type mod. 1.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
Bo8hdzA.jpg

9VTgX80.jpg

hX3wJNT.jpg

i8f7VTt.jpg

Rdh6Bma.jpg

5s9ndff.jpg

This is a mod for those who already are bored with the constantly sun shining weather.
It's a simple mod that everyone can do but it takes a s..t load of time to balance everything together.

I strongly recommend using HDR for it, cause that's where the magic happens.
Bare in mind that it's a mod and because of that it's far away from being perfect so you want to keep the day time between 10 and 16 hours and the track temperature close to 10 C.

To run this mod - create two additional folders...

Read more about this resource...

Last edited:
Doesn't look too terribly bad w.o. HDR enabled either, but it looks the best with it enabled. For a mod it does a good job of giving a wintry overcast sky essential for replicating the TopGear race around Imola against the Stig...it simply wasn't done with the sun shining bright!

After 10+ hours of testing with it, I definitely approve. This is a very nice mod. Some drawbacks to be aware of:

Use will cause all showroom lighting effects to either darken or disappear
Can impact shadow behavior in-game and/or res.

These are minor consequences for the effect it brings. I hope team Kunos brings something similar to the game in 1.0, definitely stands as one of the many levels in a dynamic weather setting I would certainly like to see.

...Use will cause all showroom lighting effects to either darken or disappear...

Oh snap, I haven't thought about that but I don't notice any shadow issues.

I'm pretty sure they will add something like this because the weather system is already there + with the dev kind of tools they can make it look even better so why not ?

Yeah, the shadow issues really aren't issues...they are so minor that I couldn't find a word small enough for them, lol. What it was was in certain replays, the shadows underneath the chassis sort of morphed, got very small or didn't look like shadows for a brief moment. To be fair though, there were some minor shadows issues with the regular weather installed, so it really isn't a problem :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back