Tracks Italotracks payware thread - Napoli 1934-57 released

Now after this fantastic circuit, we need the one in Valentino Park in Turin https://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gran_Premio_del_Valentino_1955
Or the Coppa Carotti on the Pescare circuit.

Thanks for your message!
I'm working on Pescara (and others). Torino is not in my plans though. There is already a very nice version for GPL, and a conversion for rfactor. I'm focusing only on tracks that haven't had a comprehensive version made.

Last edited:
Now after this fantastic circuit, we need the one in Valentino Park in Turin https://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gran_Premio_del_Valentino_1955
Or the Coppa Carotti on the Pescare circuit.

I'd never heard of that park until last Saturday watching the Giro d'Italia, now I read they held GPs there in the '50s. Italotracks has already made me go look at whatever grainy footage I can find for Napoli, Bari and Livorno (couldn't find anything for San Remo!), so that's another one to research...

During daylight hours I cruise the streets of Napoli in my 33 Stradale trolling for the babes. You know - that whole "Ciao, bella" thing. But at night I turn to more macho pursuits - racing in the streets. Tonight, it's on between me and two local ne'er do wells - Giovanni Goofarino in his Lamborghini Miura, and Francesco Douchebagliardo in his Ferrari 365. That's right - I'll be pitting my little Alfa that could with it's 2.0 liter V8 against these two big V12 bruise boys, careening through the rain-soaked streets of Old Napoli. It's all on the line tonight - pink slips, reputation, bragging rights (not to mention all the marbles). Who will wear the crown?

Can't wait till the rest of them get released, your work is phenomenal!
Really enjoyed Napoli so far, thank you so much!

Thanks a lot, I'm really glad you like it!
I've been very quiet, but I'm making progress, i have a whistle stop visit to Pescara planned next weekend to visit the track.
I have the layout done and driveable, I'm at the stage where I'm working on some of the many many buildings.. :)

grab.jpg

@Italotracks - no worries if not, but just checking if I missed it, did the update you mentioned for Napoli (tweaked textures, added spectators) get released?

Hi Rodger,

Alas no, it hasn't been released yet. Unfortunately it ended up being a bit more of a minor update than I would have liked. I have used better shaders for the dirt around the track which I was fortunately able to remap without drama, and added some more spectators, so I can release those I can very shortly and call it a day.

But unfortunately when I touch the project in Max to remap other objects etc and go a bit deeper I'm getting disappearing objects, faces, and all kinds of material mess going on as well. And when I export to fbx, those objects and faces are still missing.
I'm committed to all my tracks being available for AMS and AC of course, but it really does complicate matters with gmotor's multi-sub materials leading to a bit of a nightmarish mess.

I have some ideas for my upcoming projects, and I'll be honest, by comparison the AC version outsold the AMS version by a factor of 28! :D So for Pescara etc I'll be more focussed on the AC version. Rather than finish it in AMS and then go to AC like Napoli, I'll fork the development much earlier this time., and hopefully avoid these technical problems.

Last edited:
Hi Rodger,

Alas no, it hasn't been released yet. Unfortunately it ended up being a bit more of a minor update than I would have liked. I have used better shaders for the dirt around the track which I was fortunately able to remap without drama, and added some more spectators, so I can release those I can very shortly and call it a day.

But unfortunately when I touch the project in Max to remap other objects etc and go a bit deeper I'm getting disappearing objects, faces, and all kinds of material mess going on as well. And when I export to fbx, those objects and faces are still missing.
I'm committed to all my tracks being available for AMS and AC of course, but it really does complicate matters with gmotor's multi-sub materials leading to a bit of a nightmarish mess.

I have some ideas for my upcoming projects, and I'll be honest, by comparison the AC version outsold the AMS version by a factor of 28! :D So for Pescara etc I'll be more focussed on the AC version. Rather than finish it in AMS and then go to AC like Napoli, I'll fork the development much earlier this time., and hopefully avoid these technical problems.

And rF2 for anyone that's interested... well unfortunately the developers still haven't seen fit to work on the slipstreaming bug that's been there since 2012. (Basically the AI can't slipstream) As such I won't be devoting much, if any effort to an rF2 version. Can you imagine a sea of brake lights coming on and off as AI cars, refusing to pass, hit their brakes instead of drafting, on Pescara's straights some of which are a few kilometres long? I have given up waiting for a fix for that.
good sense!

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 359 15.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 254 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 245 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 180 7.9%
  • < 5 years