Tracks Italotracks payware thread - Napoli 1934-57 released

once you mapped the building, create a unwrap for map channel 2 (i use flatten mapping) and use render to texture to create a texture with AO, replace the map ch 1 for the map ch 2, use the texture you just create and you have a building with AO. not the most technical explanation, but let me know if you want some help.

Thanks a lot Sergio, very useful information! :thumbsup:

Really love this track! There might be a lot of things that could be improved, but I am sure that this will happen sooner, or later.
Right now it is a lot of fun. (at least for me)
Thank You!
450S Napoli.jpg

I have tried it too and really like it. The Track has some nice, flowing Corners and Height changes that make it different from other City-Tracks.
A few Opinions from me:
-The Road mesh feels already quite good
- Performance on my medium- Spec PC is decent:thumbsup: the Track runs great so far, despite the huge scenery
-As others have pointed out, an AO- Layer and a bit of Dirt and Grime wouldn't hurt in some Places.
-Especially in the Sand Areas you could make more use of Multilayered Materials to bring a bit more Variation to the Color.
-I don't know exactly about Tracks- but generally ACs Engine doesn't like Capital Letters in Folder Names- it can cause Problems with Cars, at least.
-I could Imagine at Raceday the City would be more densely populated. more Spectators would add a lot to the Atmosphere.
Keep up the good work, with me you have already a potential Customer for Future Projects! :)
Screenshot_ks_ferrari_250_gto_napoli 1934-57_24-3-121-23-28-11.jpg

Last edited:
Really nice track, I love it! Had a blast with GT3s. Just kidding, with Sergio's Formula Juniors. I wasn't brave enough to try the W125 until I know the last bumps of the track :)
Even the AI is quite good, I mean in AC's standards at least, they have quite good pace.
Only one thing I could mention which the others didn't, the houses in the bay are a bit odd for me. They are too sterile and blocky (is that a word?) on that photo background. Wasn't enough to use only a photo there?

Thanks for your feedback!
Do you mean the buildings don't blend in, with the satellite terrain photo? I didn't devote too much time to them as they are only seen at a distance, and are merely simple low poly boxes with facade pictures, unlike the other more detailed houses near the track.

I'm in the middle of moving home, so my PC is packed up for now, but I'll release a very small update in the next few weeks with some more liberally spreaded 2D spectators, and some more dirt and texture variation hopefully. After that I'll hopefully be able to set my full attention on other tracks.
Along with the update I'll try and post a very very early WIP video of Pescara, so you guys can see how the layout is - the road mesh is driveable and I'm happy with it, but when that's done, the real work begins. Kerbs, buildings, roadside furniture, walls, barriers etc... all still to do.
I'm 15 seconds off Fangio's pole time of a 9:44 in the 250F, but I'm getting closer with practice! :D

Last edited:
Yes, the low poly houses on the other side of the bay, see on the picture.
I wouldn't miss them, because they seem like boxes for me.
But it's only nitpicking, the track is beautiful and awesome to drive.
Have fun with Pescara!

Attachments

• Screenshot_1.jpg
    Screenshot_1.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 106
Yes, the low poly houses on the other side of the bay, see on the picture.
I wouldn't miss them, because they seem like boxes for me.
But it's only nitpicking, the track is beautiful and awesome to drive.
Have fun with Pescara!

I like these buildings personally but if you want to hide them just add this to the extension file inside the track folder:

Code:
[MODEL_REPLACEMENT_0]
FILE=Napoli 1934-57.kn5
HIDE=Box109_SUB4

I'll release a very small update in the next few weeks with some more liberally spreaded 2D spectators, and some more dirt and texture variation hopefully. After that I'll hopefully be able to set my full attention on other tracks.
Along with the update I'll try and post a very very early WIP video of Pescara,

Glad to hear that
a) you're going to give Napoli another pass before moving on
b ) you're planning the next steps of Pescara - looking forward to any WIP you share, appreciate that's going to be a lengthy one! What sort of sources are you working with? Are most of the roads still there?

Glad to hear that
a) you're going to give Napoli another pass before moving on
b ) you're planning the next steps of Pescara - looking forward to any WIP you share, appreciate that's going to be a lengthy one! What sort of sources are you working with? Are most of the roads still there?

Hi Rodger, thanks for your message!

So for Pescara, like Napoli, the track is going to be built using photogrammetry and 1m LiDAR data. Thankfully the roads (like my other projects) are all still there, but for the introduction of a railway viaduct and a couple of roundabouts. I discovered interestingly enough that roundabouts were only widely adopted in Italy from 1989 onwards! :confused: The roads leading to the roundabouts are mostly unchanged though, and there are some historical maps and images that allowed me to see how the junctions were beforehand. As with most historical layouts, there are a couple of cases of educated guesswork, but I'm pretty confident in its accuracy at those spots.
It was for this that I decided on the 57 layout and not the pre war one. The 57 version has a couple of long straights of several km that would be a little more interesting broken up with the pre war chicanes, however, to construct those would be a complete guess and as such I opted not to, I have found vague maps, but nothing that precisely allowed my to know their exact locations/widths etc.

Nice track, I am having a lot of fun driving it.

How can I get future updates when you release them?

Hi there, thanks!
Although I havent yet released an update, when I do I will post news about it here, and with the Sellfy store I believe I can also contact all customers such as yourself by email, and let you know that there is a new version available to download via the store.
It will be a few weeks until I'm able to release the minor update I mentioned earlier though.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 111 12.9%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 84 9.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 80 9.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 56 6.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 115 13.4%