"It sounds good in my head, so please make it happen Kunos" thread

Do you have awesomely amazing ideas about what we NEED in order for AC to be a proper sim? This is the thread for you!!!!
Do you think that Kunos should hire a bunch of track makers and release a track pack dlc even though you have no clue of how finances or things such as that actually work in the real world? This is your thread.

Seriously, getting tired of seeing every thread that pops up about anything ending up being edited to near nothingness by the devs because everybody seems to want to post what they want/need rather than stay on topic. Here is the thread to post whatever it is that you want/need/must have in AC.

I have spoken with Kunos and I can promise you that every suggestion in this thread will be given the consideration that it deserves. (or more!)

Fire Away!!!!!

Last edited:
Driving School like in the game GT2 - Aristoteles's video is too advanced, I need something more beginner level, GT2 was very good at this. Along with the more gradual career mode - the very second event in the career mode is already very hard to win!

Rain.

Minorating integrated.

Navigating the menu from the wheel and not the mouse.

Look to apex feature Project Cars style, along with an integration of something like RealHeadMovement, it is pretty crazy that without tracking or VR the game does not let you see the inside of the cockpit from normal camera mode.

Comments from the chief Project Cars style, like "now your tyres are warm" (avoiding the need to use the tyre app) or strategy tips.

Proper and better damage modeling (wheels coming off, bonnets flying etc). Podium celebrations. More quality tracks and more older GT class cars, DTM 92 etc. 80 and 90's Touring car classes.

It's already a proper SIM! But if you ask and they need some suggestions, here we are.

Gameplay:
  • pit limiter button
  • warm up lap
  • rolling starts
  • timed races
  • tyre (used/new) selection in free practice
  • online rank to split fair drivers and idiots
Content:
  • day-night cycle
  • steam workshop for setups
  • more laserscanned tracks (Laguna Seca, Le Mans, Donington, Jerez, Suzuka, Interlagos, Sebring, Bathurst, Montecarlo, Algarve, Phillip Island, Kyalami...). The first 6 are some must.

Last edited:
@kunos
S70517-152740(1).jpg
50/50 serious/trolling remember? :p
On serious note, this remains a suggestion.

Gameplay:
  • timed races
Timed races are already in. Our GT3 league is racing 60min + 1 lap.

But i agree with manual pitlimiter and penalties for speeding in pitlane. It's one of the big things, which bothers me a lot in league races, because the automatic braking for pitlane speed spoils the immersion for full "simulation value". ;)

Server setting: refueling and tire change separately

With all the super awesome pitstop options of the recent updates it would be massively cool to have a server-side setting that allows for refueling and tire changing to be a separate thing, meaning Le Mans style rules where those 2 actions cannot happen at the same time but one must be finished first.

My point here is basically that with all the recent options pitstops became really really popular, however I rarely see a race where people are actually using harder tire compounds.

So by making it possible for the pitstops to last longer when also changing tires, some people might want to go for the other option to use harder tires and lose time on track rather than lose time during the pitstops by not changing tires.

No clue if this would be a big deal code-wise but if not, that'd be a great addition and would actually cause some harder compounds to be used.

It's already a proper SIM! But if you ask and they need some suggestions, here we are.

Gameplay:
  • pit limiter button
  • warm up lap
  • rolling starts
  • timed races
  • easier opponents livery selection
  • online rank to split fair drivers and idiots
Content:
  • day-night cycle
  • steam workshop for setups
  • more laserscanned tracks (Laguna Seca, Le Mans, Donington, Jerez, Suzuka, Interlagos, Sebring, Bathurst, Montecarlo, Algarve, Phillip Island, Kyalami...). The first 6 are some must.

That's a pretty good list.

pit limiter.

cutting track to not result in drive slow down but in a stop and go or a drive thru penalty.

stop the production of new cars for the moment and completely concentrate on new tracks we do not have enough asphalt.(track pack for the next DLC Would be great)

complete control over the menus via steering wheel or controller.

tyres changes to be visible (colour of the compound f1 example) and tyre degradation to be visible something like linking it to the dirt layers of the car (hate the fact that I drive 50 laps and stil have visible new tyres).

a complete new game engine like unreal 4 so we can have rain and day/night cycles.

- More lased scanned tracks
- Cars inside the Box, where you do most setup changes, Pits for refueling/tyre change or At least option for modders to have in their tracks Box spawn ( car inside the garage) PIT spawn Where the pit operation happen.
- Manually change tyres and refuel not automaticlly. when pressing esc to pit.
- Diferent Rules per each class. Example GT cars fuel and tyres not at the same time, etc...
- Dinamic weather. During the diferent stages of the day. not the same temps at 8 a.m. than 2 p.m.
- BOP ride heigth rule control on server per car.
- Engine stall
- Option on the server to disable esc to pits button for qualy and race sessions, with the alternative Retire button from session.
- Brake Fade for the rest of the cars.
- Brake Disk glow, depending on actual brake temperatures.
- SPARKS
- Integration of AIM race Studio2 to be able to check proper telemetry while ingame, otherwise make proper telemetry with all channels and all lap available for the ingame telemetry.
- Option to limit the amount of tyre sets available for a weekend at least for multiplayer. Being able to select already used tyres.
- Online Ranking System with Both Rating and SafetyRating. To avoid mixing noobs and wreckers with proper drivers. ( optional to run by the server)
- Bring back Starting cameras showing trackshots.
- Track Altitude setting to alter the air density so cars are affected ( and turbo cars air density sensitivity should not be the same as NA engines) .
- Track animations not just a balloon, At least modders could do marshalls etc..
- Disable to automatic car park brakes,, Leave them only for the pits or the grid.

If it really is considered for AC all this request would be great. if you cannot do it for AC consider doing it for AC2 cause this stuff is a must in a simulator specially being in 2017.

Last edited:
I'd like to see a real road feature like in rfactor. Including debris from tyres and collisions. I'd like to see collisions create debris even if it's not represented in the car model after the collision, this might make yellow flags and safety cars necessary. Some variable weather, I don't think they need to go to any extremes, even light rain to the point the track becomes damp but not waterlogged so they can avoid doing standing water physics. They may as well do nighttime as well, if they're going to even go as far as dusk they need to have multiple light sources.

I'd like to be more in control of the engine, IE, the engine can cut out if I don't manage the revs/clutch properly.

I'd like to see more roads, they wouldn't even have to be real roads but something along the lines of Irish/English B roads (the road tracks Kunos have made so far are too wide to be realistic versions of the real world), california mountain roads, Italian countryside, German autobahn etc..

An upgraded career could do with some budget racing cars to start out in.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 345 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 237 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 235 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 176 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 296 13.3%