Resource icon

Tracks Istanbul Park - Beta 0.55a

Login or Register an account to download this content
daubster submitted a new resource:

Istanbul Park - Beta - Beta stage of a scratch made Istanbul Park race cuircut

Hi, I present you my first track : Istanbul Park - Scratch Made.

This is a beta, there's still a lot to do but the biggest issue currently is the FPS. I already have optimization plans containing for example - reducing to current amount of objects from an insane 10.000 to about 2.500 and disabling shadow casting on some of them.

Enjoy and tell me what you think.
I think that by now it's obvious what to do with the file but feel free to ask if for you it's not.

Read more about this resource...

gwSkA5M.jpg

kE3d5IA.jpg

cyexJoN.jpg

vXhnVvZ.jpg

G2CVV2E.jpg

YylwgGJ.jpg

Last edited:
just great. thanks
for scratch build it insane quality track. My FPS drop to 55 only twice. I notice you set friction to 95. Its way to low. I think by default it must be set to .99 or even 1. Let players control it from game itself. Numbers you set in "surfaces.ini" equal to "optimum" setting in game. They must be set to highest number in range.

Last edited:
This track looks superb but unfortunately I can't drive it. I don't know what's wrong with this track but I get a stuttering slideshow with <20 FPS. This is the track with the worst performance. I can drive other long and complex tracks like Snoopys Nord or Transfagarasan or Lake Louise with fluid 60 FPS! I really don't know what's the problem. I would love to drive on this track!

Track looks really nice, maybe a bit bright perhaps? Could be my settings though. I did fall through at one place, can't remember exactly where it was now but somewhere in sector 2 on the left hand side.

FPS was anything between 46 and 102 depending on where on the track you are but no extreme dips, also timing isn't working, I did a lap in 23 seconds in the SLS... :D

Looking forward to next version. :)

Thanks guys, means a lot !

Ok akm74, I didn't thought of that.
Don't worry silicchilicchi, I won't.
Mike1304, I get your pain, a nice track and you can't play it, makes one angry right ?
I do have it in mind so just wait for the final.
Jan-Olov Johansson, my aim was to make the track match the sky, I always felt that the default tracks are too bright compered to sky brightness so your post actually made me scratch my head
as I was a bit worried some may find the track too dark. Could you post me your settings - here or PM ?

Last edited:
mod-edit: content removed
Racedepartment has already a policy in place to deal with copyright infringement.
Offtopic remarks will be heavily moderated in this thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
daubster updated Istanbul Park - Beta with a new update entry:

The light will guide you !

Tiny update but huge visual improvement !
Finally figured out how to work the sun.
Before the track only looked good when then sun was low like : 8:00-10:00, 16:00-18:00
Now it actually looks best at 13:00.

I know, I know, I should be modeling, not playing around with the lightning but common, it's now much more enjoyable now, while you're waiting !

Read the rest of this update entry...

Before

GOa5R57.jpg

After

AsOWK6S.jpg

Before

P8iSok5.jpg

After

xWW91BC.jpg

Before

1JhcD9W.jpg

After