Stock Car Extreme Mods (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ML2166

If quizzes are quizzical then what are tests?
Premium
Hey guys

Okay here are the skins created by me over the last few weeks.

38 in total, 19 Chevrolet and 19 Peugeot.

All completely fictional of course, but I hope you enjoy them.

I have given all the cars different numbers and names from the originals in game, so you should be able to run them alongside the original skins.

Pretty new to the modding aspect on the rfactor platform, and this is my first attempt.

Haven't found a way to have the game read a new RFM file hence the reason for the new numbers and names.

Hope you enjoy them........happy racing fellas!

;)

selectionpug.jpg

selectionchevvy.jpg

Chevrolet Part 1

Chevrolet Part 2

Peugeot's

While using this interface, I see multiple settings for FFB (with strike through lines), while in default GSCE interace only FFB strength slider and effects option is present. So my question is: Do I get any extra tweak settings for FFB with this UI or is it that just a couple of them cause FFB changes?

Thanks.

i need help or the final hint to find a solution... pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaase someone :(
first i had the problem with the flying raceline above the track, just visible on tarmac when headlights on... i changed the gen files entries for cars shadow to rfactor ones and the flying raceline was fixed on tarmac but now it like a zebra...

grab_003.png

i saw the raceline is right when i zoom closer

grab_005.png

from cockpit view everything is fine too...

it must have something todo with the cars undershadow but i dont know what i can do there.... i tried now since yesterday and spend every free minute to find a solution...

these are my gen file entries
for cars shadow
MeshFile=Nissan_NismoGTR_SHADOW.gmt CollTarget=False HATTarget=False ShadowObject=(True, Solid, 512, 512, GT3_UNDERSHADOW.tga) LODIn=(0.0) LODOut=(200.0)

and wing shadow
MeshFile=Nissan_NismoGTR_WING_SHADOW_<4>.gmt CollTarget=False HATTarget=False ShadowObject=(True, Solid, 512, 512) LODIn=(0.0) LODOut=(200.0)

yes for the wing no undershadow texture or the game will crash ;)

i tried different textures too, bigger size, lower size, dds, tga and different entries on gen file.. the cam file is a reiza original file...

someone can help? please :cry:

Great conversion as usual, Patrick, but the skybox seems to be way too high in this version?

I went int the .scn file and added this line:

"Instance=skyboxi
{
Moveable=True
MeshFile=skyboxi.gmt CollTarget=False HATTarget=False Render=False
Pos=(0.0,-5.0,0.0)
Instance=CLOUDS"

And that seemed to do the trick, but I think my modified file will now cause an online mis-match, so maybe an "official" fix is needed?

Hi all. I have a few issue I need help on please.
Fuel, the time remaining for fuel is showing the same as per lap consumption. How can I change this to show time remaining?
Positions, I have this set to relative to me but from lap two onwards seems to change itself to relative to my best lap, has anyone else had this problem and if so how did they fix it?

Hi guys, new member here! I'm an engineering student from São Paulo trying for the first time to make a mod: my university's Formula SAE car. The physics are pretty much done now, and I've turned my attention to graphics. This is my first time working with 3DS Max, 3DSimED and the rfactor dev tools, and I'm having a hard time understanding the .gmt structure inside the .mas files.

In my search for information, I've tried and failed to extract the .gmt files from the original cars and later found out that they are encrypted -- fair enough. I then downloaded a mod and tried to extract those .gmt files, but still no luck; 3DSimED tells me they are also either encrypted or corrupted. Finally, I tried to make my own .mas containing only the steel frame of the car, and the result was, unsurprisingly, a failure. GSCE told me it couldn't write steelframe.gmt to memory and displayed a boxy low-poly model that apparently exists as a backup for this kind of situation.

So I've got a few questions: what am I doing wrong? Are the rfactor tools not compatible with GSCE version of gmotor2? Do people costumarily encrypt mods? Should I be using different tools?

And finally, why can't I post in the mod section of the forums?

Nox submitted a new resource:

RD Virtual Stock Car Championship Season 3 Skinpack - Skinpack for the VSCC S3

Skin pack for the third season of the Virtual Stock Car Championship at RaceDepartment.

Special thanks to Davy Vandevenne for his stunning work on the default RaceDepartment liveries included in the pack, for doing the windows for all cars, and for compiling the skin pack itself. :thumbsup:

Simply extract and run the installer file, pointing it to your Stock Car Extreme install folder. To find the cars in game, use the arrows on the main menu.View attachment 91118...

Read more about this resource...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 75 7.2%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 111 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 151 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline