Issues with G.I.D

Hi all, installed GID today for AMS using the patched version. The HUD itself works fine, I can customize all of the widgets etc., but for some reason, i'm getting massive FPS drops.
Prior to this I was running the game maxed out at around 200, and according to shadowplay, because my steam FPS will no longer show up in-game, i'm getting 15-20 FPS. I'm running the game with the SweetFX fix at 1920x1080 and in borderless windowed.
Help is appreciated, thanks.

From my own experience, GID would only work properly if you open Steam > Library, and start AMS from there.

If you use the desktop shortcut, or try to run AMS.exe directly, GID will drop FPS hard (my rig went down to 30 fps in pit lane!)

From my own experience, GID would only work properly if you open Steam > Library, and start AMS from there.

If you use the desktop shortcut, or try to run AMS.exe directly, GID will drop FPS hard (my rig went down to 30 fps in pit lane!)
That worked perfectly, thanks dude!
Also, is there a way to turn off the map in the spectator menu, or entirely for that matter, it kinda gets in the way.

My GID installation ceased functioning completely with the 1.4 update. I can no longer bring up either the HUD or the map overlay. I've tried to bring up both these items in practice, qualifying, and race sessions. I tried in both garage and cockpit views in practice and qualifying. I simply get nothing on screen from GID and nothing when I hit Ctrl+Space or NumPad 0 keys.

My GID installation ceased functioning completely with the 1.4 update. I can no longer bring up either the HUD or the map overlay. I've tried to bring up both these items in practice, qualifying, and race sessions. I tried in both garage and cockpit views in practice and qualifying. I simply get nothing on screen from GID and nothing when I hit Ctrl+Space or NumPad 0 keys.
I read something a while back that said GID required a fresh install after every update, something to do with a file being replaced in the main directory, but from what I've seen, every update breaks the GID install, so try re-installing.

I read something a while back that said GID required a fresh install after every update, something to do with a file being replaced in the main directory, but from what I've seen, every update breaks the GID install, so try re-installing.

Some updates and verifying integrity of game files replace GID's d3d9.dll (716KB) with the original d3d9.dll for DynHUD (147KB). This disables GID.
I use Jonesoft Generic Mod Enabler to quickly put back the GID version.

Thanks WellerMan and Richard8746 for the advice. It looks like the d3d9.dll being "put back" to the original was indeed the issue. This would make sense as I believe I first installed GID with one of the early 1.3.x versions of AMS. So the v1.4 update was the first major update my GID installation would have gone through.

Some updates and verifying integrity of game files replace GID's d3d9.dll (716KB) with the original d3d9.dll for DynHUD (147KB). This disables GID.
What files do you have in the MODS folder in your JSGME, I can't get a combination that allows sweetFX to run without the game crashing.

What files do you have in the MODS folder in your JSGME, I can't get a combination that allows sweetFX to run without the game crashing.

I've just two - neither of these have affected sweetFX, as far as I know. What do you have in your MODS folder?

1. Modified car camera files
These files have a longer draw distance to prevent scenery popups on some long straights.
LODMultiplier=(3.00000)
Here's one example for Formula Vintage.
AMSBeta\MODS\CarCams\GameData\Vehicles\F_Vintage\F_Vintage_Cams.cam

2. GID's d3d9.dll
AMSBeta\MODS\GIDHud\d3d9.dll

***** I did have all GID's files and folders in my MODS folder. This worked, but there was a risk of overwriting the latest gidConf.txt with an older version from the MODS folder.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 72 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 101 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 141 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 267 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 387 39.8%