PC2 Issues trying to join online event!

Hi Anyone finding it hard to join a event? , i have even created a event but friends can't get on , also for a laugh do the karting race at glencairn gp track tried it many times and it does the same thing every time the ai crash at the same spot, ride behind and watch them destroy each other, after lap 3 your be 1st!

There is a fix. You need to change the server filter to the type of lobby that you want to play in and restart the game. There aren't many dedicated servers around, so select P2P, restart the game and you are good to go. Bizarre, but it works.

Ya I cant join any races. Host migration failed or it just sits at the joining screen forever.

I had the same problem, I couldn't join any online server, or would get kicked one I selected vote to start.

So I Downloaded the Project CARS 2 Dedicated Server tools.

Go to your Steam Library > TOOLS > then select 'project CARS 2 - Dedicated Server.

Install and run the dedicated server, minimise it, then run project cars 2 and search for a online race, once I did this I was able to actually race on a few servers, I even found some steam 'VAC' servers that didn't show up before.

There is a fix. You need to change the server filter to the type of lobby that you want to play in and restart the game. There aren't many dedicated servers around, so select P2P, restart the game and you are good to go. Bizarre, but it works.
Thank you, someone posted this on steam, now I am able to connect and play on all the servers I join.

Apparently Project cars team are aware of this issue and at present working on a fix, message from them as follows =
Patch 1.1.2.0 - Multiplayer fix

We're rolling out Patch 1.1.2.0, to fix the problems we've been having with joining multiplayer lobbies.
Lobbies between versions are incompatible, so if there's a mixture of pre- and post-patch participants in a lobby, the multiplayer session will never start. Please be sure to patch your game to the latest version as soon as possible, and help spread the word to your pals.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back