Physics Issues changing car physics

So i have a couple of, what others her would call trashy, free mods that have nice models but crap handling (911 Sport Classic). I did some googling and found the method involving unpacking the data.acd, editing and re-packing, but the car i want to copy (mod 95 Carrera or 15 Carrera by KS ) doesnt have this option.

Are only modded cars allowed to be swapped like this? I couldnt see any cars in CM that had the unpack option

Last edited:
You can unpack any car, I think it might be a feature that's only available with the full version of CM (had it so long I can't remember for sure) so you might want to send Ilja a well-deserved donation for a key to the full version.

Once you've unpacked data.acd everything should be in a folder named 'data', the original data.acd will over-ride what's in the folder though so back it up and rename it or delete it.

You can unpack any car, I think it might be a feature that's only available with the full version of CM (had it so long I can't remember for sure) so you might want to send Ilja a well-deserved donation for a key to the full version.

Once you've unpacked data.acd everything should be in a folder named 'data', the original data.acd will over-ride what's in the folder though so back it up and rename it or delete it.
Hmm, i do have the full version...but I am not sure if i applied the key since my last install and Im not sure how to check as I cant see anything about inputting a key, which makes me think i have unlocked the full version

Last edited:
You need to enable dev mode in Content Manager. Go to the 'ABOUT' tab and quickly click the version number a couple of times until it says "Developer Mode avtivated" or something like that. Afterwards the unpack option will be in the conent tab.

See here at about 1min:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 290 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 194 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 195 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 140 7.5%
  • < 5 years