Issue with TM TS-PC FFB after installing Windows 20H2

OK, let's be clear here I haven't lost FFB, it's just that with Windows 20H2 the FFB updates seem to be a lot slower. Riding a kerb results in a thump thump thump rather that a buzz. Understeer isn't felt until after the understeer event has occurred, same with oversteer. Areas of a track where I'd get a little tug to one side or the other now pull in that direction for half a second or more.

Anybody else had this?

Oh and I've reinstalled drivers, ACC, and changed the USB ports I'm using to no avail. Rolling back to 1909 cures all the problems. But rolling back to 1909 only helps for a couple of days before Windows decides to force reinstall 20H2 again.

Edit: This affects AC as well, but nothing else funnily enough.

Last edited:
Yes, I have exactly same issue. It started already with Windows 2004. Ive gone back and forth many times between 1909, 2004, 20H2 and I can feel the difference immediately on first kerb. Tried even with different systems - intel and amd, so its not related to my computer in any other way. Happens also on my old T300.

Tried emailing TM support last summer after first noticing this with 2004 update, but that did not go anywhere. No idea if its the TM drivers or ACC, no tools to verify anything.

Also as it kinda works - everything is there, but like it comes on low frequency - I think this goes unnoticed for many casual players, and is just "bad ffb".

At least there is someone else and Im not imagining as some have suggested :)

Ahh good (well not good, but good that I'm not imagining it). Does it happen with any other sim for you? me not.

I've also noticed that this also affects my bass shakers, driven via simhub, in that they don't feel anywhere near as tight in 20H2 as they do in 1909. Like the FFB they feel sloppy. I too have gone back and forth and the difference is plain to feel.

Now here's the thing, If I disable "road effects" then the FFB is all good if somewhat bland. Now from what I remember the road effects are derived from actual suspension telemetry. SimHub accesses this through ACC's shared memory, and I suspect the "road effects" FFB are coming from shared memory as well

I'm beginning to think that this is an issue with either the way the AC series handles shared memory, or that windows 2004 and up has broken the shared memory API.

In the meantime I've rolled back to 1909 and put a group policy in place to prevent windows from automatically performing updates, and disabled the Windows update process - this unfortunately means no more security updates, but that computer is never used for anything other than sim racing

Dont really play other sims than ACC, so cannot say anything about them and would probably be difficult to test.

Never used road effects, so it has been always 0% during these tests and for me its not fine on newer windows version.

Yeah need to put some windows update blocks in place, otherwise it will be 1000€ for new gear or stop playing :( Hopefully there will be more people noticing this and some solution is found, in game or wheel drivers

Ahh bollocks - I guess my PC is going to be locked on 1909 for at least another year then. While I can afford it, I simply can't justify spending €1500 on a Fanatec Wheel, more even as I'll need not just an open wheel, but a rally/sports car wheel as well, not to mention a new more stable rig - I'm not sticking a DD wheel on Playseat Challenge.

Yes I know there are cheaper belt driven options from Fanatec, and while they may be better than a TS-PC, it's really an expensive sidegrade IMO.

Ahh bollocks - I guess my PC is going to be locked on 1909 for at least another year then. While I can afford it, I simply can't justify spending €1500 on a Fanatec Wheel, more even as I'll need not just an open wheel, but a rally/sports car wheel as well, not to mention a new more stable rig - I'm not sticking a DD wheel on Playseat Challenge.

Yes I know there are cheaper belt driven options from Fanatec, and while they may be better than a TS-PC, it's really an expensive sidegrade IMO.
Or maybe TM will sort out their device drivers to play nicely with H2.

Or maybe TM will sort out their device drivers to play nicely with H2.

Well given that this problem appears to have existed since Windows 2004, which is now getting close to a year on, I'm thinking it's pretty low on TMs list of priorities, and besides....

...I tend to think that it's the way AC and ACC handle shared memory and UDP output as this affects my buttkickers driven via SimHub as well - on 1909 they're tight and fast, on 20H2 they're slow and lumpy.

Anybody else had this?

Using a T300 with Windows fully up to date and no problems for me. I haven't needed to reinstall or update the game or any drivers after any Windows major update. Maybe something else on your system was updated as a result of the Windows update and that's what's causing the issue.

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 100 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 132 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 180 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 353 27.9%
  • 100% offline racing