Issue with "kms driven" on CSP

I just noticed a strange occurence on some cars in CSP... When i was just casually looking on the Stats panel, i noticed that some cars i know i have driven a lot just did not appear, and for my surprise, when i go to the individual car stats, this is what it shows... "0.0 km"
Anyone has this issue? Is it a bug with CSP? The car? Some option?

CSP_Issue.jpg

Judging by the author, I would guess its an issue with the car... I could be wrong.
It happens in other cars as well, not just the ones from where i created a different version. I just added my nick alongside the original authors for personal reference.
And i should say this right away, all cars that i "created" (as in, performance, physics and in some cases, skins), are not available anywhere because they are all for personal use, not meant to be "rip-offs" of the original creators and devs.

(FIXED)

So, after i tried several things and looked at the logs, i found that what is causing this is using upper-case letters on the folder name for the car.
I changed everything to lower-case on all mod cars i have and now CSP can log the distance driven, but all distance driven prior to the most recent CSP logs is lost.
There are many modded cars out there that use upper-case letters on their folders, so to all modders still out there: use only lower-case on the folder names!

Hope this helps someone.

(FIXED)

So, after i tried several things and looked at the logs, i found that what is causing this is using upper-case letters on the folder name for the car.
I changed everything to lower-case on all mod cars i have and now CSP can log the distance driven, but all distance driven prior to the most recent CSP logs is lost.
There are many modded cars out there that use upper-case letters on their folders, so to all modders still out there: use only lower-case on the folder names!

Hope this helps someone.
For me, the only solution that worked was to reduce the folder name.

However, your observations led me to this solution.

Thanks!!!

How contact the author of Content Manager to solve this?

Example:
name before: nissan_skyline_r34_omori_factory_s1
1639721564777.png

name after: nissan_skyline_r34_s1
1639721587358.png

Welp! The "no caps" strategy worked all over for almost all of my cars. And it counted all the kilometers already driven!

However, there are still a couple of cars that do not show the kms and are coincidentally the ones I drive the most... Tried shortening the folder name as another person suggested but no good either. Both cars however were cars "with parent". Don't know if that had any influence. Already made them independent and it did not make any difference either.

I have another car under the exact same conditions and that one has counted kilometers since day one...

Note: Cars in question are the Rally1 cars by ACME, specifically their Gravel versions, of which the Hyundai and Toyota do not show the kms, while the Ford Puma does. All three tarmac versions show driven kms correctly.
1694957147726.png

Update 03.2024:
Distance still doesn't count after session (driven distance on track on DRIVE tab).
But when I restart Content Manager numbers are updated, just won't update during playing.
So I can surely live with that.

Ok, got similar problem:
Got someone here with paid CSP (preview) to check it he got also same problem?
What DON'T WORK:
(DRIVE tab)
track odometer

TL;DR
Everything up to date on the 2024-01-17
AC
CSP 0.2.3-preview1 (Patreon)
CSP version ID 2745
SOL 2.5
Content manager version 0.8.2561.39678 (x86) dated 2023-10-18
What DON'T WORK:
(DRIVE tab)
track odometer
What WORKS
(DRIVE tab)
car odometer
(RESULTS tab)
Session count
Total driven distance and all other counters there.

What I've tried:
Changing capital letters to normal on cars and tracks - didn't help
CSP 0.1.79 (free) so downgrade - helped
CSP version ID 2144
(DRIVE tab)
Track odometer works, all other odometers also, added all track odometer(I think so, added a lot more kilometers than last session i tried).
And everythin else also.

Tested on Kunos car and track:
McLaren 570S on Magione
And also on modded cars and track:
Clio 5 cup on Sonoma WTCC,
VRC ERC - Pageau 46 (CSP) on Magione
Alfa Romeo GTA on Suzuka (2 version, from Reboot Team and from RaceDepartment I think, not given Author and year, a few versions are on RD).

I use also SIMDashboard (Google Play paid app version) but tested without it runing on PC and telemetry to the app wasn't interfering anything.

Added also today a comment on the Ilja Patreon newest post from Dec 22, 2023 will wait for answers here and there.

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 233 14.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 161 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 157 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 118 7.5%
  • < 5 years