F1 2016 Issue: Game freezing every now and then

F1 2016 The Game (Codemasters)
Hi guys!

I have bad freezing for almost a full second every now and then with my GTX 1080. Cant see a FPS spike in the afterburner when this happens.. It is so annoying, the pciture and the sound are freezing and the game thinks it runs normally so you are almost every time when this happens crashing..

Anyone else having this?

Attahced a picture of the afterburner - no FPS spikes BUT the gpu utilization is going down to almost 0 every now and then - this is exactly when the freezing in game happens!

Attachments

• f1 2016 freezes.jpg
    f1 2016 freezes.jpg
    393.9 KB · Views: 1,405
I'm seeing this on an AMD R9 380 as well, but I'm spending all of my time trying to get things the way I want them. It's taken me several hours to get the G27 adjusted the way I want it and now I'm going to start working on the graphics. I'm pushing my hardware though, running triples. Interestingly, I don't see much of an FPS difference between Ultra, High and Medium (it sticks around 40) but I do see much more stuttering the higher I push the graphics At this point, I think it's a matter of turning off the stuff I really don't need. For a few minutes, I turned off Eyefinity and tried it on a single monitor. I don't want to do that, though.

Remove any usb hubs you might have connected to your PC, I had the same issue on Dirt Rally and couldn't play the game for months until I tracked it down to a usb hub. They eventually fixed it with a patch so I connected the hub back up.

I had the same exact problem with F1 2016 and this time I immediately disconnected the hub and the game works fine.

Remove any usb hubs you might have connected to your PC, I had the same issue on Dirt Rally and couldn't play the game for months until I tracked it down to a usb hub. They eventually fixed it with a patch so I connected the hub back up.

I had the same exact problem with F1 2016 and this time I immediately disconnected the hub and the game works fine.
Tried but didnt made any difference, still freezing.

I have found that running Citrix Receiver causes all kinds of anomalies, so you should check what's running. Skype is another problem-causer. If I run Citrix Receiver (or even if I shut down my Citrix connection and the services are still running) both F1 2016 and Race Factor 2 will crash.

I have found that running Citrix Receiver causes all kinds of anomalies, so you should check what's running. Skype is another problem-causer. If I run Citrix Receiver (or even if I shut down my Citrix connection and the services are still running) both F1 2016 and Race Factor 2 will crash.
F1 isnt crashing, it is just freezing for a little moment..
As you can see on the attached picture I get every now and then very big spikes down in the gpu usage and then of course also in the fps, going from mid 90s to below 40 fps in just a short moment - this is the "freezing"

Attachments

• f1 2016 freezes2.jpg
    f1 2016 freezes2.jpg
    317.7 KB · Views: 985
I'm sorry, I didn't mean "crash," I meant it freezes as you describe. When I turn off Skype and Citrix I don't see this...yet. In addition to the freezing, it will minimize the game to the task bar all of a sudden on occasion. Again, when I turn off those two culprits, I don't see the issue...yet.

I also have freezes, with a R9 290X in combination with an i7 6700k. I don't have it in any other games, above fixes didn't yield any result for me.

Last edited:
Running Windows 10 w/ AU as well, also latest Nvidia driver. My CPU is an i7 6700K and GPU is GTX 980 Ti. Also experiencing game-breaking audio and video stuttering alongside the audio clipping and cutting out when other cars are nearby. Looks like MS strikes (out) again.

Tried turning off Xbox DVR and so far this morning (got some practice laps in before work...) it resolved the audio and video stuttering for me, for now. Still get the audio clipping when other cars are nearby, but at least I can drive a lap without crashing or missing a corner due to a stutter! Will play a lot more tonight, but so far so good.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 101 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 132 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 181 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 356 28.0%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 498 39.1%