ISO CART 1987 INDYCAR WORLD SERIES

Cars ISO CART 1987 INDYCAR WORLD SERIES 1.6

Login or Register an account to download this content
I've reached the same conclusion. At first I was running 7 in rear wing and now I'm hovering around 4-5. Still getting killed in straight lines though. Thanks for your answer.

Back to having some fun with these rockets! :geek:

@Richard Wilks
Thank you for this awesome mod, loving those late 80s CARTs.
However I noticed one thing: when the cars are near or they touch they sometimes seem to glitch into each other (see screenshot). Is that something that can be fixed? Or is there an issue on my side?
Screenshot 2021-03-29 132842.jpg

Where can one find 1988 Indycar tracks?
I have seen that they (ISO fraction of HSO) ran a championship with 1988 tracks so they obviously exist. But all download links are broken

If there is some good soul out there who can provide those tracks it would be massively appreciated

Thank you

Could this come to Assetto Corsa Please? Someone was allegedly making a CART 1989 or 1985 mod for AC about 5 years ago but it disappeared after that :( . The Imfamous SDD made a simialer mod, but you probubly know the contraversies surrounding anything connected to them. There is a CART 1999 mod, but I am wholly against paid mods as there are multiple issues with that (at least in my opinion). I much prever optional donating as it allows for better trust and selective funding (and allows more people to enjoy the mod).

Could this come to Assetto Corsa Please? Someone was allegedly making a CART 1989 or 1985 mod for AC about 5 years ago but it disappeared after that :( . The Imfamous SDD made a simialer mod, but you probubly know the contraversies surrounding anything connected to them. There is a CART 1999 mod, but I am wholly against paid mods as there are multiple issues with that (at least in my opinion). I much prever optional donating as it allows for better trust and selective funding (and allows more people to enjoy the mod).

About paid modding, from a paid modder's point of view..
There are many more talented modders than myself, and you might be able to find some of their posts on the issue as well.
There is a mod on here that has 20000+ downloads (it's a masterpiece) and the author has very kindly made it free, with optional donating. How much did he receive for 1000+ hours work, in donations? Not even $200. If $0.20 an hour is enough even to cover the electricity of having their computer on, I would be very surprised.

The track I released (built from scratch, 1000+ hours of sometimes very very tedious work) sells for 3GBP. If someone spends a couple of hours learning it and enjoys it, racing there every now and then, and it's on their HDD forever, I think that's good value.
What isn't good value is people charging for other people's work, or making quick, half-arsed conversions from one sim to another.

I doff my cap to guys who put in that much time purely out of passion, but if other people wish to see some form of remuneration for their work, I think that's fair, and obviously if people choose not to purchase the mod, that's their decision of course, there are many brilliant free ones available, starting with Richard Wilks' fabulous works. :)

Gotta ask, does having the new 1987 mod effect the 1988 mod if we still have it installed? I installed the 87 cars and the oval handling on 88 cars got all sorts of wonky. I would like to be able to use both if possible, but understand if something got changed that makes it not work.

Gotta ask, does having the new 1987 mod effect the 1988 mod if we still have it installed? I installed the 87 cars and the oval handling on 88 cars got all sorts of wonky. I would like to be able to use both if possible, but understand if something got changed that makes it not work.
Hmm it is possible yes, because (and i guess that is my fault) i think the tires share the same name, so its possible that the 88 mod is pulling the 87 tires. I shall correct that in a future version of the mod, that will definitely come.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back