• Welcome to the largest (sim) racing website in the world!
    Blurring the line between real and virtual motorsports.

Featured Isle of Man TT Course for GP Legends - New Previews

Discussion in 'TT Isle of Man - The Game' started by Paul Jeffrey, Mar 4, 2018.

1. Andy_J

Andy_J
    I hate VR. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Ratings:
    +3,602
    Yes a proper modder of the old school. Doing mods for PC games because they love to do it. Good on him.

2. ChaosZeroJK

ChaosZeroJK

Ratings:
    +79
    He might be entitled to do whatever he wants with his work, but that is the attitude of a very paranoid and narcisistic person.

2003 was more than 15 years ago, a lot of people came and went in the modding scene and if he seriously thinks that across 4 or 5 different games there isn't a single modder with the skills he deems "appropriate" to undertake a conversion and bring his work to other games in the best way possible, then I guess he lives under a rock and didn't see what masterpiece the Targa Florio conversion turned out to be or how critically acclaimed the F1 1965 conversion was. I might be slightly biased, and perhaps bitter, as I was part of the team that brought the latter to rF1 (and what started as a simple conversion has since expanded into an almost 100% scratch made mod with a 1958 scratch made season wip aswell), but come on. The talent is out there. The people that can do it already showed that it's possible.

To still be stuck in time as if it still was 2003 is just asinine. I have tremendous respect for his work as a modder. But as a modder myself, I have little respect for his attitude towards his "colleagues". Because it's as if he thinks that he's the best in the world and everybody else is not worthy of him.

3. jpalesi

jpalesi

Ratings:
    +41
    His work, his decision to do whatever he wants with it. In any case, there's always someone to convert stuff whatever the opinion of the modder is.

I don't know if you were aware of the issue, but your friend and part of your team "mgs_ita" came to my former league, to ask a championship to be cancelled in his first post over there, because they were using a leaked version of your mod (leaked by the league working with you).
    So your team wasn't happy for your conversion to be used in a manner that didn't suit you, but you sure can give lessons to people on how they should take care of their thousands of hours of hard work on scratch made material.

4. ChaosZeroJK

ChaosZeroJK

Ratings:
    +79
    Please go rant somewhere else. Your logic is so flawed it looks like a slice of Swiss cheese.

I never was against people using my mod for their own league. I/we were against people using unfinished betas that were only meant for internal use. If they had waited for it to be properly released, we would've been more than happy to go, join and race with them. The mod wasn't ready at the time, yet people were playing with what they thought was the final product, which cleary wasn't. The final revision of the '65 mod was released 3 years after the leaked beta and included hundreds of € spent in books and trips to Fiorano (he even did a test with a replica of the '67 Ferrari paying with his own money) to get all the possible data on the cars, an interview with Dr. Forghieri and Sir Surtees (when he was still alive) in Maranello and lots of allnighters to stress-test and bugfix the mod.

This guy, on the other hand, has had one bad experience 15+ years ago and still thinks all modders but him are trash and not worthy of him and his level of skill.

That's the difference.

5. Durge Driven

Durge Driven

Ratings:
    +475
    Scroll to the bottom of Jim's news page

That was in 2008 ...how do you think he feels about it now ? lol

Years ago I had crazy idea of starting a fund raiser to buy Jim a up to date PC so people could send work from newer sims

6. Felix777

Felix777

Ratings:
    +0
    Does this game work on windows 10?

7. Andy_J

Andy_J
    I hate VR. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Ratings:
    +3,602
    Yes it does.

8. Felix777

Felix777

Ratings:
    +0
    ok m8

9. Stefan Roess

Stefan Roess

Ratings:
    +9
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.