• Welcome to the largest (sim) racing website in the world!
    Blurring the line between real and virtual motorsports.

Featured Isle of Man TT Course for GP Legends - New Previews

Discussion in 'TT Isle of Man - The Game' started by Paul Jeffrey, Mar 4, 2018.

1. Kenny Paton

Kenny Paton
    Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +5,522
    He did a short version, that'll be the one you're thinking of. He also did a couple of Dundrod circuits from different years also worth getting.

• Beer Beer x 1
  2. jpalesi

jpalesi

Ratings:
    +41
    Agreed, those were the days when presenting well your product meant something. Nowadays, we get unfinished DLCs for unfinished games.

• Love Love x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Ole Marius Myrvold

Ole Marius Myrvold
    JWB 96-13 Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +3,522
    Yup, there was a 13 miles (or was that KM) Version I think. At least it was released back in 2003!

• Beer Beer x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. birle1

birle1
    Premium

Ratings:
    +52
    i´m still playing GPL. i´ve hear about this time ago. awesome work.

5. Andy_J

Andy_J
    I hate VR. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Ratings:
    +3,602
    Brilliant stuff eh Andrew? When I say I am a veteran PC gamer I mean it. I still have all my PC games ever purchased and here are just the flight sims:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Love Love x 5
    • Like Like x 4
    • Beer Beer x 2
  6. Andrew Harper

Andrew Harper
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,772
    Hey the Microprose titles! They were bloody brilliant! :):thumbsup::inlove:

7. Paul McCluskey

Paul McCluskey

Ratings:
    +93
    Seems like an eternity the full version been in the works, checked out Jim's youtube page a few days ago n was sad too see the last updates was some years ago, great too see this but wondering how many more years before we get to the download button :)

8. gamer19

gamer19

Ratings:
    +606
    Andy, an amazing collection you got there ! Three thumbs up !!!
    I think I only don't know what is that:O_o: "Intruder" game. I've always had a soft spot for carrier based planes (yup, Top Gun:D) and most of the titles there I've had or at least have heard of but not for that one.
    Also, you had "European Air War" by any chance ? :)
    That was one a total blast game. Career there was over the board immersive...:inlove: omg when I remember...

To not being accused for being off topic... :rolleyes:
    I remember the time when my PC wasn't exactly powerful enough for this game. Oh Lord... :laugh:
    And the physic there... how to describe it to someone who hasn't tried it ?
    Yeah, you just can't. Just staying of track, do a clean lap, too low default suspension, realistic damage, damn tough AI, steering with your throttle and all that stuff you don't really have to worry about on many (all?) of the GPL successors.

Without a doubt GPL physic has never been repeated on any other racing game.
    And no other game wasn't this hard to drive, or even worst ...to be good at it.
    Papyrus has done it. Also great games as Indycar Racing II, NASCAR 4,...
    Sadly they had to fold. Realistic games aren't as popular as arcades.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2018
  9. Andy_J

Andy_J
    I hate VR. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Ratings:
    +3,602
    Unfortunately I can't see or appreciate likes and love emoji's but thanks for those. (I have been reported for using too many of them so I am banned from using them as harmless as they are.:notworthy::() A childish thing to disable if you ask me. There are far more worse members on here saying far worse things. Even non paying members can like a post.

As for European Air War, yes it's there 3rd photo from the bottom. Flight of the Intruder was one of my favourites. I have two versions, one for the Amiga and the PC version, both big boxed and both have the free Flight of the Intruder Novel included by Dale Brown. Brilliant sim based on the book about carrier operations in the Vietnam War.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2018
  10. Andy_J

Andy_J
    I hate VR. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Ratings:
    +3,602
    Certainly were Andrew. Loved them especially F117 and F-19. My favourite all time air combat sim was F-16 Combat Pilot by Digital Intergration. That was absolute quality.
    PS, staff, sorry for taking this off topic, please don't punish me again. :unsure:

• Like Like x 1
  11. gamer19

gamer19

Ratings:
    +606
    Ok Andy, thanks. Didn't know that actual title is "Flight of Intruder". Interesting. And there's even a book. And a movie ! Wow... so many things to catch up.
    What a.... :confused:
    Never heard of something like that ! Banned on ...smileys(TM) ?
    That must be a totaly new term on internet or what. And you're afraid they'll punish you again you say ?!? :O_o: Really... I thougth I'm among those least favorites:laugh: but look at that... not even gone premium saves you. Weird.
    I though you have specifical numbers of those you can use in one post and if you go over that nuber you can't post a message. What's then there to be punished for ?
    :rolleyes::sneaky::sick::unsure::alien: testing testing. Yup, eight is allowed. :giggle: Even nine. :x3: Ok, ten.... XD

12. Kenny Paton

Kenny Paton
    Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +5,522
    Let's not stray to far off topic:)

13. Stig Bidstrup

Stig Bidstrup
    Jarek says " 900 degrees of rotation " Premium

Ratings:
    +1,133
    Some collector items there , seems quite a few of us also have that Flight simulator gen in common.

14. unpierrot

unpierrot

Ratings:
    +17
    I was thinking that a full sized isle of man was impossible due to engine limitation. Obviously I was wrong and I'm very happy to be wrong. Jim makes an unbelievable work. Kudos to him.
    GPL has been on my drive since 1998, old time where copying the full folder is enough to install it on a new drive. And with all the mods added, I'm happy that it's so simple.
    But honestly, I start assetto corsa more often than this old glory.

15. jpalesi

jpalesi

Ratings:
    +41

16. Ole Marius Myrvold

Ole Marius Myrvold
    JWB 96-13 Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +3,522
    @Andrew Harper Here you can find the last Isle of Man track :) (and loads of others. I especially recommend the tracks by Bjørn Finnestad here!

• Beer Beer x 1
  17. slingshot64

slingshot64

Ratings:
    +140
    I Nearly fell off my seat when i first seen Dundrod , i live less than 15 min walk from it and it was great seeing it in game.

18. Durge Driven

Durge Driven

Ratings:
    +475
    Some crap in their own nest, fact is more rips of IOM Jim sees the less likely he will ever release full road for public use.

There was only ever 1 IOM abridged version got permission and that was for a Nascar 2003 league
    They were supposed to keep it private and show him the work before release, in their wisdom they
    never did either !

Jim bagged the conversion as graphically poor and said he would have never allowed it to be released in it's current form and that he would not allow another because he could not trust people to do the right thing

19. Richard Hessels

Richard Hessels
    Premium

Ratings:
    +356
    Looks quite good for the that old ims. Would be even better if he would include some shadows, i know the engine can hardly handle it. But some fake shadows would make everything stand out much more.

20. unseen

unseen

Ratings:
    +93
    Given the age of that thing, Big Jim sure is doing a wonderful job on it. I retired my GPL a while back, due to the sheer age, limitations and technical issues of it, but the guy sure can do a damn good job. He`s making it look fantastic, as would be expected. Yes, it`s missing so many things we all take for granted now, but when it eventually comes out, there`s no doubt it will be a masterpiece for GPL.

He`s taken far too much crap over the years from the "convert it to my sim" crowd when he`s objected to those conversions for obvious reasons. Good on the guy. He`s never asked for one penny, and put in thousands of hours. I`ll happily tip a glass in his direction when he's finally happy to release this one.

• Love Love x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.