ISI Quads Released

Discussion in 'rFactor 2' started by Jason Lancett, Apr 20, 2014.

1. Jason Lancett

Jason Lancett

Ratings:
    +34
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2014
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Gijs van Elderen

Gijs van Elderen
    Premium

Ratings:
    +2,425
    :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

3. Blkout

Blkout

Ratings:
    +584
    Cute but the physics needs a LOT of work. The bikes roll over way too much.

4. Sven Hielscher

Sven Hielscher

Ratings:
    +185
    It was mentioned that this was only a quick work...for sure they need to put a lot of work into this to get things right...(of course if they really want...currently I'm not sure if this is just a gag and won't be enhanced or updated by them)...

Regarding the bike physics: A quad is not a bike. With the current engine it's not possible to simulate bikes (despite those with four wheels :p). Anyhow ISI never said their engine won't able to handle bike physics (when added the currently missing parts of the simulation).

5. Blkout

Blkout

Ratings:
    +584
    I'm not against them trying something new, I'm thankful for any new content for rFactor2, just saying that the quads still need a lot of physics work, they're almost undriveable in their current form.

6. Gijs van Elderen

Gijs van Elderen
    Premium

Ratings:
    +2,425
    Try to adjust "steering wheel range" in the controlere settings. set it from 180 to 300. ;)

7. Blkout

Blkout

Ratings:
    +584
    I'll give that a shot tonight. Thanks.

8. macaco27

macaco27

Ratings:
    +2
    Another unfinished stuff. All rf2 needs... so many basic things to be done and they wasting time with experimental "gifts". Hope someday ISI concentrate in be an stable mod platform.

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Rikki Jenkins

Rikki Jenkins

Ratings:
    +12
    Ok, I downloaded the quads and the Track, but i do not see them after unpacking them in the sim. I tried single player and went to the race setup but no joy I went to the ISI all cars and tracks and looked at every mod... so the question is... where are they?