rF2 ISI GT Multi-Class @ Nordschleife 24h - Fri 2nd Jan

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Great experience for me yesterday. Haven`t driven rF2 for a very long time and i just don`t know why?! These cars are so much fun! The FFB is just awesome and i tend to say rF2 gives the most realistic FFB you can get atm. Car always feels really alive.
Made a mistake by choosing another class right before quali. Was been not that easy balancing the Camaro out within the 60mins but i felt as good as possible right before the start. Recognized very quick that i was been a bit of the pace so i tried to keep it just together. Had some nice laps with Freddy & Yuri who were fighting around me. Guys what an awesome pass at the end of the long straight, hell Yuri, thanks for giving me that trust going next to me into that highspeed corner. After pits i went back on track with way to much fuel ~85Liters and just tried to stay in front of Gabriel who passed me later in final lap when i spun in Hatzenbach. Could closed the gap and when Gabriel spun in Karussell i was back in position until the end of race. Thanks for bringing this up and again, congrats to April, incredible speed! Will have an eye on this Forum for further rF2 Club Races.

Some Race-Highlight will be up in my YT Channel soon...

Great experience for me yesterday. Haven`t driven rF2 for a very long time and i just don`t know why?! These cars are so much fun! The FFB is just awesome and i tend to say rF2 gives the most realistic FFB you can get atm. Car always feels really alive.
Made a mistake by choosing another class right before quali. Was been not that easy balancing the Camaro out within the 60mins but i felt as good as possible right before the start. Recognized very quick that i was been a bit of the pace so i tried to keep it just together. Had some nice laps with Freddy & Yuri who were fighting around me. Guys what an awesome pass at the end of the long straight, hell Yuri, thanks for giving me that trust going next to me into that highspeed corner. After pits i went back on track with way to much fuel ~85Liters and just tried to stay in front of Gabriel who passed me later in final lap when i spun in Hatzenbach. Could closed the gap and when Gabriel spun in Karussell i was back in position until the end of race. Thanks for bringing this up and again, congrats to April, incredible speed! Will have an eye on this Forum for further rF2 Club Races.

Some Race-Highlight will be up in my YT Channel soon...
damn did I hit you as well? I really didn't have a good race yesterday around people, my paint must have been on at least 3 cars :(

Entered this race without knowing about it, and I came away with a P3, a big smile and fatigued wrists :)

What an epic race it was. Nice battles with David and Simon. One more lap and I could have snatched P2 :) To be repeated surely!

David, my setup had front wing 1 and rear wing 18, no wonder I was faster in the straights. Top speed was 303 Km/h.

My rig is now temporarily dismantled but I'll be back in a couple of days.

That was really fun! I just can't get enough of Nurburgring. Anyone else want to repeat this race every week for all of 2015? :p

I had a slow start also, mainly because I'd not practiced standing starts or even prepared for them. I felt like I'd held up some people behind me for the first part of the GP circuit. But with the class difference it wasn't long before the gap was back, and from there I just had to keep it off the grass. And for the most part, that went well. Only had one spin right at the end, and finished a tenth late to do the 8th lap. I didn't notice until after what the time was, as during the race all I watched was lap times, fuel and flags.

Even with everything that's changed here over the years, Nurburgring's still a glimpse of racing history. A whole other kind of driving where you battle with the laws of physics and mother nature more than anything else. In some places, trying to make the most between the near vertical curbs is an almost violent struggle. We don't really see that much these days and that's probably for the best. But it is fun.

For wings I picked 3/26°. I only pulled the rear wing down a bit for balance. Otherwise, I wanted to maximize the time I spent on the road instead of jumping. The car's also pretty sensitive to ride height & pitch changes (as it seems all cars are) so some effort went into optimizing that. I ended up with 123n/mm and 5.5cm springs and ride heights on the front, and 175n/mm 6.3cm on the rear (I also used radiator & brake duct 2). I ended up with top speeds of 291km/h

Thanks for the race guys, it was great fun. Will keep an eye on other events, and I'll see you again soon I'm sure. :)

Entered this race without knowing about it, and I came away with a P3, a big smile and fatigued wrists :)

What an epic race it was. Nice battles with David and Simon. One more lap and I could have snatched P2 :) To be repeated surely!

David, my setup had front wing 1 and rear wing 18, no wonder I was faster in the straights. Top speed was 303 Km/h.

My rig is now temporarily dismantled but I'll be back in a couple of days.
I had a go on the tourist circuit with less wing, 2-20. It did require a change of approach! After all my high aeropractice laps it was tricky. I think you drove well with 1-18.

BTW the AIW seems excellent. I ran 3 laps of a 60 min race with AI (GTR and Megane) @ 95%. A tiny but low % but kept me honest and passed me if I made a mistake.
Where do you pit on the tourist version ?

@April Dillon
yep I could happily go again. 90 mins next??
and thanks for sharing yr setup approach.

BTW the AIW seems excellent. I ran 3 laps of a 60 min race with AI (GTR and Megane) @ 95%. A tiny but low % but kept me honest and passed me if I made a mistake.
Where do you pit on the tourist version ?

You pit at the Döttinger Höhe at the place where before you exit the pits. But when running full speed there you will miss it all the time. This is the reason why i think the tourist layout is not the best for races ;)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back