rF2 ISI GT Multi-Class @ Nordschleife 24h - Fri 2nd Jan

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Pitstop:

You'll need to do the GP track and enter the pit at the end off the GP track.

Pitstops are not mandatory.

Note: race rejoin is not working in build 906 !!!
If you do that, the game will count it as a lap so you'll do 1 lap in around 2 min +pitstop time. I'll make this race a 10 stopper then :p

With the track configuration has anyone tried pitting yet?
I cant remem
There I was thinking about signing up and now I'm going to get embarrassed by a female driver lol
come on Jim, just get in there. every race you will learn something.
April is fast. She won the 2.5 hrs of Lemans so you wont be the first to lose to her.

With the track configuration has anyone tried pitting yet?
I cant remem

I was able to pit successfully by entering the pitlane at the end of the full lap. Is there any reason we can't do that instead of doing the full GP lap first? With the Megane's 40 litre tank, it will be necessary to do 2 extra GP laps basically then.

Had a great races. Nice battle group in the opening laps :thumbsup:
Only April disappeared quickly in the distance. And at the end i had luck that my strategy worked. If April had been 0.1 quicker i had to do a pit stop and lost some positions. But so it was P2 at the end :cool:

That was great fun.
April drove superbly. as did Simon.
Freddy in the GT3 did so well to fight off GT2 and GT1.
Jim and Dewald all lowered their PBs.

I had a poor start as my gearing had 1st gear set to be useable on the track rather than for the start.
Frankly I was pleased to still be hanging on to the group for the first lap (except April who had bolted) even though I was in a GTR .
The GTR had a slight acelleration and braking advantage but not much top speed unless you had Cossimos setup who went like a fighter jet on take off on the long straights. I must have had a lot more wing (3/30) due to my struggles in the twisty bits.
Then the skill and experience of the top drivers negated any cornering advantage so it was a close racing.
I was pleasantly surprised to then find my way past the cars and be in P2 and in the rightful place for a moment for one of 3 GT1 cars.
Cosimmo was chasing and on the long final straight I entered with 5 sec lead and it was 2.5 sec by the braking zone! We had a duel. I pitted and rejoined +34 sec, Cosimmo pitted and I passed him as he exited. I was finding the horn to do a friendly "toot" and messed T1 and made it a closer battle. I was doing OK in the twisy bits and Cossimo would gain on the straights. I made a big error in S1 and he was through and gone.

A couple of times I misjudged the carousel and got that nasty thing where it spits you out 1/2 way and you have to crawl around the level part instead of the banking. That cost me a couple O fplaces in the end.
Freddy and I duelled albeit 2 car classes apart! in the final lap and my offs cost me that battle. We entered the final straight appr 2 sec apart and it took forever to catch him despite being in GT1 vs GT3 I had a move available in the big braking zone but it seemed a "cheap shot" after Freddys giant killing GT3 drive so I held position.

3 days ago I hadnt driven the Nordscheife since Forza 2, 7 years ago. So I was happy.

Anyone notice how great the ISI GTs are these days!!!

Thanks all.

PS
Well done @Jim Brailsford on yr PB (practice pit stops esp when such a wierd entry)

and 11 drivers in the end.:)
Thats why we should never sign out due to low numbers as it never helps the situation.

Last edited:
Great stuff David! I really think RF2 is showing it's class as the top sim in my opinion and it seems to be getting more popular each week. Thanks as usual to all for the help. What's April's story? that lady certainly knows how to drive! I was feeling really comfortable in the Corvette and I was enjoying just trying to get my times down when again, the pitstop curse struck me again for the second time in a row. So frustrating when you lose concentration and end up in the wrong pit entry which gave me a stop and go for cutting plus I ran out of fuel. Still enjoyed it and makes me want to keep practising all the more.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back