Is Wreckfest Not Compatible with Multiple Controllers?

Just picked up Wreckfest off of Steam (60% off sale) and I can't get it to work properly with my controller set up (Thrustmaster PC Racer Wheelbase and Fanatec Clubsport Pedals V3).

The configuration screen "sees" both controllers OK (but only one at a time), and I can map buttons and controls to where I want them. But when a race starts, although I finally got the car to accept throttle input (after LOTS of fiddling), the steering is all out of whack When a race starts, the car makes an immediate hard left. Although the wheel buttons work, the steering simply doesn't.

Can someone explain what's wrong? Maybe I have something set wrong under "Controls"? Is this game compatible with multiple (simultaneous) controllers, or isn't it?

The game is unplayable for me right now. If I can't get this straightened out pretty soon, I'll have to get a refund from Steam -- I've already spent 47 minutes trying to fix this. :mad:

Any advice on how to deal with this is appreciated!

Thanks!

I have a T300 wheel and CSL Elite pedals, the game works fine. So I think it works with different controllers. I have the game for a while now, I don't remember what I did... And I'm away from home atm so I can't have a look at my setting before a couple days unfortunately! Hopefully someone else will be able to help in the meantime...
So in the blind I would just suggest to make sure you assign only steering inputs to the wheel and throttle/brake to the pedals. I think I had something similar in F1 2015 where one of my pedals was also assigned to turn left...

I have a T300 wheel and CSL Elite pedals, the game works fine. So I think it works with different controllers. I have the game for a while now, I don't remember what I did... And I'm away from home atm so I can't have a look at my setting before a couple days unfortunately! Hopefully someone else will be able to help in the meantime...
So in the blind I would just suggest to make sure you assign only steering inputs to the wheel and throttle/brake to the pedals. I think I had something similar in F1 2015 where one of my pedals was also assigned to turn left...

Yes, that has crossed my mind too. For example, the throttle and brake are assigned to the wheel's pedals (which don't exist in my set up) as well as to the Fanatec pedals. However, I can't figure out how to re-assign them to nothing. (Hitting <escape> just backs out of the selection. It doesn't "un-assign" the function. :(

I'll try again later today.

Thanks.

Just picked up Wreckfest off of Steam (60% off sale) and I can't get it to work properly with my controller set up (Thrustmaster PC Racer Wheelbase and Fanatec Clubsport Pedals V3).

The configuration screen "sees" both controllers OK (but only one at a time), and I can map buttons and controls to where I want them. But when a race starts, although I finally got the car to accept throttle input (after LOTS of fiddling), the steering is all out of whack When a race starts, the car makes an immediate hard left. Although the wheel buttons work, the steering simply doesn't.

Can someone explain what's wrong? Maybe I have something set wrong under "Controls"? Is this game compatible with multiple (simultaneous) controllers, or isn't it?

The game is unplayable for me right now. If I can't get this straightened out pretty soon, I'll have to get a refund from Steam -- I've already spent 47 minutes trying to fix this. :mad:

Any advice on how to deal with this is appreciated!
You could try 'Unbinding' everything for your Wheel and Pedals...then remapping only the relivent functions with in each peripheral as there may be some conflict with other controllers. The 'Controller' settings seem to have all the same list of mapping functions for each connected item....worked for me having TSXW , 2x TSS Handbrakes, 2x TH8A Shifters, 1x Button Box..

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back