WRC10 Is WRC 10 Worth Upgrading From WRC 8?

There's been a lot of discussion (mixed opinion) about whether upgrading from WRC 9 to WRC 10 is worthwhile. But I skipped upgrading to WRC 9 last year and stuck with WRC 8 because I just didn't think WRC9 was that big an improvement.

So, for those of us still with WRC 8, is WRC 10 a worthwhile upgrade in terms of content, graphics, driving feel, performance and overall fun etc?

Thanks!

I'm a PC user, can comment only on that platform.

I stayed with WRC8, didn't bother with WRC9 since it wasn't on Steam and thought I'd wait for WRC10. Picked it up a few days ago and was quite impressed with the improvements. I don't play multiplayer, and haven't used the career mode (yet), so my impressions are based on off-line single rally's so far.
Lots more new content (stages and historical cars) but also we lose a few previous stages (eg. Australia).
Graphics seems improved to me but I'm not too fussy about some of the "finer" stuff. It looks quite good to me, especially when driving.
The driving feel seems improved a lot, especially the FFB with my Fanatec CSW 2.5. It has required some fiddling with various settings but the end result has been a lot better. Still not brilliant but improved.
Performance has been good on my "medium level" system, I haven't had any of the reported stutters.
I'm finding it a lot of fun for my needs, and I was a big fan of RBR for many years. It still hasn't got the RBR level of driving feel, but it is still a good Rally Sim.

I don't regret the move to WRC10 over WRC8. :thumbsup:

There's been a lot of discussion (mixed opinion) about whether upgrading from WRC 9 to WRC 10 is worthwhile. But I skipped upgrading to WRC 9 last year and stuck with WRC 8 because I just didn't think WRC9 was that big an improvement.

So, for those of us still with WRC 8, is WRC 10 a worthwhile upgrade in terms of content, graphics, driving feel, performance and overall fun etc?

Thanks!
If you're a rałly nut like me it's a no brainer !
It's not perfect but a lot has happened since WRC 8 !
I started with WRC 7 so this is my forth in the series !
Definitely gets my adrenaline pumping so I can get my daily fix of rally !
Best thing rally since RBR !

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back