Is VR dead?

• Thread starter Deleted member 197115
  • Start date
Ha-ha, sure, have fun, enjoy the sun, post less. :)

Andrew, got to love the water fountain in the bathroom. What will they think of next? ;)

20190610_093756.jpg

• Deleted member 197115

Sweviver in full on Pimax sales mode.

I think what it does show is in small FOV ( thinking Index here)... It makes little difference to the 'standard' 110 FOV most current gen headsets have now.
He has been employed by Pimax last month, not sure his opinion is valid anymore. Pimax is dead.

Question for you guys with more then 1 headset, how easy is it just to swap headsets, does steamer room scale have to be reset . Does steam settings get saved per device, eg if I had pimax and wmr headset is there a way to create device profiles

Another first look, from the guy who built H3VR (a.k.a. Hot Dogs, Horseshoes & Hand Grenades). Interesting is his explanation about the comfort. And because his game uses scopes etc, the advantage of the Index's good optics.

Last edited:
Per the article, seems to slot between a rift s and an index this expectations should be set accordingly.

We need as many options as can be in the mid range. That’s generally where most of the growth sits.

I hope there is enough market there. They need a home run and I agree competition is good, but I also agree that the fragmentation is getting pretty bad.

However I see this market as not having much of a middle. You have the low cost of entry Go, Quest, PS-VR which have their own fairly large market.

Then you have PC VR which is going to tend toward the extremes. At the lower cost end are the Rift S and some WMR gear.

The cost of a rig to run VR well still makes that lower end expensive already.

So tell me, if you're into VR and have spent enough to ramp up your rig, are you going to try to save a few bucks on the headset?

I think Oculus made a smart move to stay at the lower end where the volume is. I don't want their products anymore, but it makes sense.

But I can't see many people wanting a half step from there.

Time will tell, but I just can't see it.

This thread has a lot of people wanting the "best". Granted there is a break when dealing with the price of a StarVR system, which is priced above the mainstream into the "whale" market.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back