Is Vettel Done For?

"Vettel can only win with a dominant car Red Bull" only because he is losing today (& the past 4 years) from a car which is double more dominant than the Red Bull was both in time span and pure performance. He won with Toro Roso and Ferrari in days Mercedes were untouchable. Saying he can win only with dominant car is hilarious.

Vettel is totally out, Ricciarco makes him look stupid a years ago in Red Bull after his 4 gift championships. Kimi helps him and Alonso a lot, now Kimi's gone, Leclerc create his own career and don't care much about Vettel. Alonso and Vettel ruined Kimi's career in Ferrari, that Santander deal and number one driver status makes Vettel looking good against Kimi, but how many times Ferrari team fails with almost everything with Kimi but never with Vettel. Now 2019 Leclerc have almost clean season without any big mistakes by the Ferrari Team, with Kimi they even forget to fill a drinking bottle in the most warm race in season 2018? Oh boy!

If we speak about gifts, you can see the championships from 2014 till today. But make no mistake, 2010-13 were titles on merit when we had racing and titles were won by drivers, not cars.

I think he just needs a change of scenery, but I don't know if he'll get it.
If the change of scenery came with a pay cut worth a few million I think he might just stick to looking at the Italian mountains sipping champagne for a while longer.

He's not done, but he is struggling with this type of car for sure -- Rosberg explains it on his youtube channel, something about the oversteer characteristic of the ferrari which vettelle does not like.
2018 ferrari was capable of winning the DC and SV himself admitted he should have done better.

LH or FA probably would have won the DC in 2018 scuderia, some former F1 drivers have stated.

I honestly think he is over rated and has had his weaknesses masked by being in a dominant red bull, when he hasn't had a dominant car he has looked average and gas made more mistakes than most other drivers in the last couple of years. He is only good when out in front.

I honestly think he is over rated and has had his weaknesses masked by being in a dominant red bull, when he hasn't had a dominant car he has looked average and gas made more mistakes than most other drivers in the last couple of years. He is only good when out in front.
Indeed, he looked very average after winning in a TR.

Indeed, he looked very average after winning in a TR.
One race does not make a career. Fisichella got pole at Spa in a force India too and second in that race, the FI was no where near the best car in the field either. It did not mean Fish was one of the best drivers in the field. Indeed Ferrari poached him after that and he looked very ordinary in that car.

"Brazil 2012"? Is that a joke? That was possibly Vettel's finest moment.

Just proves that even though he's a talented driver he can't win races without being in the dominant car like he was with RB, I doubt he will win another championship.

Can any driver in F1 win without having "the dominant car"? This is F1, not Indycar. The car matters. A lot.

Last edited:
What are you guys drinking? I'm buying! It feels like he won the title. Finally things fall in place after watching them for far too long falling apart!

Yes, did his magic out-lap as only he knows. :confused: Nobody expected that, except probably him. It looks like he took everything: germany/monza/suzuka 2018, canada 2019, monza q3/r and burned it into that lap.:cool:

Ferrari have certainly found a lot of downforce (which will suit SV in particular), looking at the singapore race pace.
Must be some new parts - they didn't need it in monza or spa so much.

Ferrari have certainly found a lot of downforce (which will suit SV in particular), looking at the singapore race pace.
Must be some new parts - they didn't need it in monza or spa so much.

Well Simone Resta who came in from Alfa Romeo certainly has his impact with the high rake Ferrari car this weekend.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back