Is Thrustmaster T100 any good?

I have a PS4 and PC and wish to use both for gaming on sims. With Project Cars about to arrive, I want to invest in a wheel. I did have a Logitech G25 but sold it due to lack of PS4 compatability.

My budget won't quite stretch to the T300/T500 and been looking at the T100 as there is nothing in that middle gap of the £100-200 range that is PS4 compatible.

How is it? The games I would be looking to play are Project Cars, F1 2015, Assetto Corsa, iRacing and Grid Autosport.

Grateful for any pointers!

I have never used a T100; it looks cheap and cheerful though, a kind of 'get what you pay for' wheel. Pedals look to be the same as what you'd find in a T300, minus the metal pedal faces.

If I were in your shoes however, I would save for a T300, or look for one on eBay? A new T300 GTE edition is around £250 on Amazon, so not a huge stretch of your budget and definitely more bang for your buck. It will give you the option to use a different wheel rim should you so wish in the future. Oh and you'll be getting a truly awesome wheel! :thumbsup:

Upvote 0
Just noticed my T100 is behaving weirdly when hooking it up to the PS4. It turns left-right-left full lock to calibrate, but then is stuck in full lock left. I can turn it right but it returns to full lock left. Haven't checked what it does in Project CARS yet, since I need to wait two hours still for the game to unlock, but it's disheartening. Anyone know what's up?

Upvote 0
Ey up Gav. Just bought one from Very after previousy owning a logitech driving force gt which wont work on my ps4. Its not a bad wheel to be honest, the ffb is responsive and the wheel itself does an alright job if you dont mind only 270 degrees of rotation. The pedals are good and a lot stiffer than my previous wheel. The build quality isnt the best but i suppose thats only what to expect for only £90. Imho pal its a good wheel for the money and would definately recommend buying one. I am currently playing driveclub and project cars with no problems whatsoever. Just to let you know mines mounted on a prostand which makes the experience of these wheels a lot better. Hope this helps pal.

Upvote 0
I was keeping an eye out for the T100 myself. Not sure if I'll buy a wheel anytime soon but I'd love to - so the contenders would be the T100 or an used DFGT\G25. Obviously an used wheel is more of a gamble, so that's why the Thrustmaster could be an option.

Upvote 0
I have a Thrustmaster RGT, which is exactly the same shrouding as the T100, so it wouldn't surprise me if it was exactly the same inside. If that is the case, then DO NOT BUY. The reasons are plenty, and I'll make it straight forward. I've had 6 of them. 1 failed out of warranty, 4 were returned within warranty, and the last one is kind of still going (yet it's off center, the shift paddles are bust, 3 buttons have failed, I've replaced the pedal potentiometers 3 times).

I hope this helps.

Upvote 0
I bought my T100 months ago: it was my first wheel. First impressions were good: I never played a racing sim with a wheel and the FFB, pedals and smoothness are the best things I noticed. But, man: that shift noise!!! The semiautomatic shifter make a "clac" sound when you press it, so loud that it was too annoying. "Clac" so loud like a hammer 40 or 50 times per lap! It was impossible to play when others are sleeping. And after a while the wheel start to be less solid the the first use.
Few days ago I bought a G27: the differences are HUGE: no noise at all, awesome 3 pedals as the brake pedal is hard like stone, H shifter. I love it.
If you love playing SIM-games don't buy the T100. It's an OK wheel, but not good at all!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I would wait and save.I had a Logitech GT pro for the ps3.But I had to get a T100 for the ps4,it broke my heart.Its cheap and nasty and will break no question.So then I spent more and got the T300 which also broke!.So I sold the ps4 got a PC,and brought a DFGT.Happy days since then:thumbsup:

Upvote 0
The dealbreaker, for me, is the T100's limited degrees of rotation, though this becomes a much more serious issue if you plan to drive non-formula cars (GT racers, road cars), as these naturally have way more steering rotation than what the T100 offers. I'd definitely save for a TX300 for a vastly more satisfying experience

Upvote 0
I have T100. It's pretty bad to be honest. I bought it when I first got into SIM racing as I didn't want to spend a load of money and find that I didn't like it.
I've still not managed to properly tune into AC. The FFB, in my case, fights you and you need to turn it down.
FFB doesn't work at all on Grand Prix Legends which is disappointing.

Upgraded to a G29. Light years better.

Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 230 14.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 159 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 156 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 117 7.5%