is this with Oculus? looks amazing.

If only the Rift could have such image quality although, the head-tracking inside the DK2 is smoother and more natural than what I see in the video. None the less, having good head-tracking is amazing; add in some great 3D and VR will be awesome when the hardware can support better image quality at affordable cost. That may be a while unless Nvidia and Oculus have some major tricks up their sleeve.

Speaking of tricks, the new Nvidia Direct VR feature is said to provide direct support for Rift and any games with Nvidia 3D Vision support - not just SLi capabilities. That could make a lot more titles Rift-friendly very quickly. An early version of Direct VR is currently in the beta driver but, doesn't yet have head-tracking working.

Yes, that's TrackIR (or FreeTrack). I'm always using FreeTrack, it adds so much to the immersion because you can see more. It makes looking around very easy, as you can see in the video. FreeTrack FTW! Highly recommended. Also works on GSCE and Race07.
But I can't wait or the Rift to arrive (consumer version that is).

I have built myself a 3 point IR LED cap with a small battery box at the back, removed the IR filter from a PS3 Eye camera and added a daylight filter to the camera. The Windows drivers for the PS3 Eye camera are free. Total costs about 30 euro. Using FreeTrack (0 euro) I have a low cost solution which works perfectly, very smooth tracking (75 fps, 640x480 tracking resolution).
More info here, here and here (go to post #72).

Last edited:
Yes, you can adjust the motion control speed in the TrackIR software.
Then modify the profile and shift down all the yellow left dots from the profile curve.
In this way when you turn your head to the left the speed is slower.

That's just an example :)

Last edited:
It might also just be that he had look left/right bound to an analog input, like the left thumb stick on a CSW wheel. Not sure how that works in R3E, but in iracing that gives you a analog input for looking left and right so you can adjust the amount you turn the camera with the stick.

It might also just be that he had look left/right bound to an analog input, like the left thumb stick on a CSW wheel. Not sure how that works in R3E, but in iracing that gives you a analog input for looking left and right so you can adjust the amount you turn the camera with the stick.

it works , but i think its track ir ; if you guys want a cheaper solution there is always this just need a webcam .....

Andi

To be honest, the way the camera moves in that video looks more like joystick input to me than head tracking, as head tracking tends to be more fluid, unless you exaggerate the curves a lot.
I've made myself a IR cap that I've used with l ftnoir and while it works fine I had to stop using it because sometimes my brain would mistake a slight head movement for being oversteer and vice versa, so I've actually gone off track due to the head tracking.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 77 7.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 119 10.8%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 161 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 304 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 434 39.5%