is this with Oculus? looks amazing.

To be honest, the way the camera moves in that video looks more like joystick input to me than head tracking, as head tracking tends to be more fluid, unless you exaggerate the curves a lot.
I've made myself a IR cap that I've used with l ftnoir and while it works fine I had to stop using it because sometimes my brain would mistake a slight head movement for being oversteer and vice versa, so I've actually gone off track due to the head tracking.
In my car I can turn my head without an immediate urge to steer ;). It takes time to get used to head tracking, but it's worth it. When I race without it, it feels my head is 'stuck'.
I have tried FaceTrackNoIR, but found it to lag much more than FreeTrack. Never tried TrackIR (too expensive).

Head tracking is like VR: low latency is key. When there is virtually no lag in head tracking (as in my setup) it feels very natural. When it lags it's annoying, or worse. There are quite a few examples on YouTube where head tracking is lagging tenths of seconds - it would make me sick instantly.

I have used the track IR for a day now, its pretty cool.

I need to really get it set up right, but for the most part, I think its really neat....I don't know if I would have bought it(yet) but as a gift it is great so far. The subtle changes of view around corners is huge for me.

In a race looking in mirrors is great.

I am sure I will get so use to it that it will become a part of racing....just need to get use to the advanced setting, so I can increase the head turning to the right..

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back