F1 2011 Is this very good driving or...?

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
It all may be true, that they use NO assists and what not. I just don't understand how can they open DRS in mid-corner and have no effect on rear grip. I don't want to take anything away from anyone - they are very very very talented indeed I just wonder, compared to the guys here in racedepartement, they seem to have so much more grip. I mean the lap-times differ 1-2 seconds sometimes even more and that's a lot. Maybe its the setup, could that have such an effect? Could it be that it's somehow a bit better on Xbox?

I was under the impression that you can't hack your system and be able to play online (from my limited xbox knowledge anyway).
Again, I can't watch the video at work... in which corner is he opening the DRS? Pouhon?

I guess you have to look at the video yourself. Maybe there's a difference in the versions PC or Xbox and PS3. Has anyone compared the games on different platforms?

I've been a 360 user from the beginning of F12010, and recently moved to PC when I got my new rig. I really can't fairly compare handling between the two platforms, since my wheel isn't compatible with the 360. I can tell you this though, I've tried to take Eau Rouge with the DRS open, post 11/11 patch, with TCS on. The second I turned left I began to lose the car. I barely got it through, but had to do a lot of twitching to keep from flying into a wall.

I tried replicating the Eau Rouge video on the PC with a wheel and all assists off. Even in qualifying trim, with low fuel, option tires, I could not keep a smooth line through the corner. There was no middle ground, either I didn't have enough steering angle to take the corner, or I was losing the back end. This guy has to have TCS on, there's no other explanation short of him hacking (which would require much, much more evidence before accusing him of this).

Like I posted earlier, the people I race with are amazingly quick, consistent, and great racers. Even one guy who is a crap overtaker still cranks out blinding lap times, and the quickest I've seen them qualify (post 11/11) in Brazil was a 1:07.9. A 1:05.X is just insane.

Edit: Forgot to even answer your question. Whoops!
From what I can tell, the handling is the same. Like I said, I use two different control setups for both, but I'm confident any difference is negligible. If anyone's raced both with the same control scheme, they're a better source than I.

That's what I mean. Maybe it's a console thing. Maybe. How does the DRS in the game work. If you have a lot of downforce at the back - does it decreases it by a certain percentage. For example if you have rear downforce at 11 it reduces it by 20% then you have something like 9 with DRS or how does it work. Maybe then it is possible?

That's what I mean. Maybe it's a console thing. Maybe. How does the DRS in the game work. If you have a lot of downforce at the back - does it decreases it by a certain percentage. For example if you have rear downforce at 11 it reduces it by 20% then you have something like 9 with DRS or how does it work. Maybe then it is possible?

The experimentation I mentioned before was with 11/11 wings. Both on 360 and PC I could not take the turn. I tried it with TCS off on PC with my wheel, and TCS on with a controller for the 360. It was either not enough steering angle, or snap oversteer.

How DRS functions in game I don't know for sure. My guess is if Codies went for a more realistic approach, it would reduce the rear to mimic X/1 settings or less.

I have watched the video on my phone just now. I see that he takes Eau-Rouge with DRS open the whole way, but i also see he cuts the first part and last part of the section. My guess is he needs to cut those corners to make it work with DRS open.

I wish the game had tighter penalties for cutting. :(

I have a question not related to the lap time and impossible DRS usage - how has Nobel captured the video from a 360? Its certainly not the usual webcam pointing at the telly recording you normally see from eggsboxers???

It could be somekind of an outside recorder like blackmagic or something. I think it's doable.

Lol the only blackmagic I can see in the video is the way the car is planted to the track with DRS open through Eau and not a single bit of correction on the steering wheel or wheel spin :D

Nice one Karl, I dont frequent the 360 threads much so didnt know about that one.

As I understand then the Apex Racing League has somekind of a rule of spring stiffness 6/6. So the 11/11 bug may not be the case. Example here.

This video was uploaded after the second patch but it doesn't say when it was recorded. They were sticking with 6/6 before the patch.

The other thing about this video is during the quali lap he is off the track at least 5 times :(
And the number of corner cuts during the race highlights is appalling.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 266 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 175 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 175 10.1%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 129 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 235 13.6%