Is this technique even useful?

I'm new and not good at posting pictures yet but this is what I have been talking about in the moto gp forum. This is Honda sequential gearbox and is why Honda Moto Gp bike's are getting between 1/2-3/4 per second PER LAP and I'm sorry but any racer knows thats freakin huge.

#45 on a race bike is equipped with a stiffer spring so as you move the gear shift it moves #11 which slides the shift forks #42,61 and so on. Now underdstand these gears are cut in such a way that any type of forward motion LOCKS them since the #45 has such a stiff spring it's either in or out no miss shifts and if you watch moto gp slow mo one of the Hondas exiting a corner and watch how they PULL everyone do to the fact they are simply in a different gear ratio meaning everytime the wheel turns 360 degrees it's gonna travel more distance if you are say in 4th or 5th gear compared to 3rd.

I can go on forever about this thing but simply wanted to show you it's purpose. The ability to save the clutch on the street is fairly easy but if your an endurance racer and RACE 4,6,12,24 hours at a time you gotta save it. You can change brakes and be ok but a clutch keeps ya off the box and out of the magazines :)

Otherwise your left with experience knowing that in the early mornings when the dew forms on the outer track line you can get the rear wheel on it as you exit and wiggle your butt to get the wheel to spin and do the same thing a clutch can do just by using your head.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 302 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 210 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 201 10.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 151 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 269 13.7%