Is this possible the best race sim around atm?

Msportdan

@Simberia
Ive spent the last few days trying a few sims.

AC
RF2 (my fav so far but..)
GSC
Raceroom

and to say I think GSCe is the most authentic sim out there. Ok the visuals aren't on the level AC or RR, but everything else makes up for it. The ffb the sense of immersion in the cockpit the AI... I just want to thank Reiza and what a job they've done with (lets just say) old engine.,. It does put Rf2 in shame in places, and even AC.

carry on reiza the great and hard work is much appreciated here down in Essex lol

cheers guys

Whats your thoughts. on this and other sims atm.?

Last edited:
I guess it is all subjective and everyone has a different opinion, so hopefully this won't turn into a fanboy vs fanboy thread...

I like GSC the most, and my second most played race sim currently is Formula Truck, which is just more goodness from Reiza.

rF2 I haven't used for some months so I need to revisit it, but I've heard great things.

As for AC, it is still in early access, but lets just say I can't get enough of GSC to the point I uninstalled AC today because I never use it. I, of course, will use it in the future, but for now I am content without it. I play Race 07 and GT Legends more than AC at the moment.

What I like best is the AI, they can make for great racing. The cars also feel very different from each other, as they should. As for the physics and FFB, I think GSCE is right there with AC.
I like AC but it is just so far from a complete sim, and the timer penalty for any off tarmac mistakes is frustrating.
I like DTM (R3E) but the FFB needs more road feel but as I understand a big update is only a couple of weeks away. The sounds are the best!
Then there is pCARS which is getting better every day - this may turn out to provide the best racing immersion and most features.
I don't own rFactor2 as I get my fix from the others and it doesn't perform the best, maybe if they had a sale! No comparison to GSCE if you look at bang-for-the-buck!
With that said, I keep going back to GSCE.
Note, I am not considering multi-player in my opinions - don't have time for that, and don't like putting up with those that take it so serious it reduces the fun factor.

I would say the answer is yes, it is currently the best. To me physics implementation giving you an analog feel of the machine you are driving is the most important part, and Reiza does it best. Do i wish is looked like AC and sounded like iRacing (external) - yes i do, but its the analog feel at the wheel, that gives me that sensation im actually piloting a racecar that makes me vote for GSC as the nr 1 sim right now.

I am a mascot not a fanboy, but there is something about GSCE that is just a great experience. It's like going out with the ugly girl and having a great time, go figure.;):)

I am a mascot not a fanboy, but there is something about GSCE that is just a great experience. It's like going out with the ugly girl and having a great time, go figure.;):)
iStock_000008204983XSmall.jpg

Said only as Jeff could say :roflmao: WWJD - What would Jeff do?

for all the knocks on the graphics, & i not only feel compelled to mention it as a fault when recommending it but even myself am still convinced it will look like crap everytime i boot it up (which is almost daily)...idk, maybe its the low expectations, but it really looks very pretty i find. while not coming close to eithers peaks, more consistent than rf2 or dare i say AC even. in a very rough way that could sortve be said of the game itself.

but yeah, it seems its safe to say at this point that anyone who speaks out against reiza will be promptly tarred, feathered, drawn, quartered & shipped off on a barge by...well, pretty much everyone else who owns it.

If nothing else, GSCE is the best value for money sim by miles; Reiza continue to provide FREE very high quality car and track updates which is as rare as rocking horse manure.

Reiza have made an all-round brilliant racing simulation.

I have to agree. While I can see AC being the king in the future, GSC is my go to sim right now. When people come over, this is the game I have them play first. Not only does it feel great and look great, But the countless mods make the the best sim right now. And there are some quality mods.

For anyone who feels they have pushed the limit in a vehicle before, GSCE is instantly relatable.
There is no making allowances and driving the car to the feel of the sim, (a title that I have spent $100s on springs to mind), with GSCE it's strap in and off you go, it's as real as it gets.

It's an evolution of ISImotor, the feel is so spot on now (great before), I can't race anything else, apart from formula truck of course.

It does need work in areas, but still a long way ahead of its competitors delivering an all round experience.

For me, Yes it is definitely the best sim out there. The graphics are great as far as I'm concerned, I do not get hung up on every little graphical glitch if the driving is this good. And it means nothing to me having fantastic graphics if the racing experience is somehow lacking. But I genuinely mean it, the graphics are perfectly fine in my opinion.
While Factor 2, AC & various Simbin titles all seem to be dragging their heels in uncertain 'progress', GSCE does everything I need it to.

Right now GSCE offers the most complete package, they have a lot of content out of the box and we all know developer made cars and tracks outshine modded content. The feeling in the cars is great, the tracks are amazing, physics feel pretty good and the netcode is great.
The online experience right now is simply best at GSCE and rF2, but because of the great developer content GSCE has I dare say GSCE even wins in that department.

But at the end of the day, GSCE, AC, rF2, they are all great sims and they all offer their unique experiences. I love all of them and I play all of them in clubs and leagues and I suggest for the best sim experience you should try the same.

I think they all have their own plus's and negatives.
One week i will be thrashing GSCE the next RRRE and the next AC.... and so forth. We are just so lucky to have all these great and varied sims to choose from.

It's difficult for me to pick a favourite as each has something that the others cannot and will never be able to do... but when Reiza keep giving us such quality for free... Mind=Blown.

I rate Rfactor2 and AC highly, but I can only keep a watchful eye on additions/development at this stage.
But I don't profess to speak for everyone.

GSCE visuals: good old high res textures and attention to detail, looks great but hard on the hardware. Nice effort considering what Reiza have to work with.

the only game I would like to try and haven't already is pcars. I want to see those visuals and what the fuss is about. I suppose out of all the sims its the best funded, so has lots of content. I tried the 3 month iracing trial, and although its a great online system.. im more an offline player. Iracing like rrre pay to play doesn't appeal to me.

Re: gsc visuals. ive enabled x4 supersampling thru amd catalyst and its the crispest looking game out there/ :)

At this point in time, for me it is the most complete sim for value, pick up and play ai races and solid proven mp net code. Even though alot sing its praises am struggling to find leagues that run it with base content. Unfortunately I work at 6pm through the week or id be all over the club races here..so for a sim thats so regarded were are the leagues

I just don't think a lot of players are aware of it. (gsce I mean) when I was new to sim racing , the obvious few were iracing, rfactor simbin games.. Little did I know of simraceway, arca, gsce etc etc..
The thing is reiza need to grab the new players, as the sim vets are already in there rf or iracing ways.

Maybe the need a new marketing strategy?

At this point in time, for me it is the most complete sim for value, pick up and play ai races and solid proven mp net code. Even though alot sing its praises am struggling to find leagues that run it with base content. Unfortunately I work at 6pm through the week or id be all over the club races here..so for a sim thats so regarded were are the leagues
Right here, starting soon!

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 103 8.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 134 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 184 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 363 28.1%
  • 100% offline racing