Is this possible the best race sim around atm?

Msportdan

@Simberia
Ive spent the last few days trying a few sims.

AC
RF2 (my fav so far but..)
GSC
Raceroom

and to say I think GSCe is the most authentic sim out there. Ok the visuals aren't on the level AC or RR, but everything else makes up for it. The ffb the sense of immersion in the cockpit the AI... I just want to thank Reiza and what a job they've done with (lets just say) old engine.,. It does put Rf2 in shame in places, and even AC.

carry on reiza the great and hard work is much appreciated here down in Essex lol

cheers guys

Whats your thoughts. on this and other sims atm.?

Last edited:
When driving this sim I have the same grin that I had when firing up GP2 for the first time, nothing after GP2 gave me those feelings in regards to immersion. I am glad I followed a few racers on you tube because had no idea GSCx existed. Kudos to the developers and mod teams!

might have to remove foot from mouth here.....

well after being away from GSC a long time.. Mainly playing RRe whilst losing interest in RF2. i came back and was so impressed again with gsc.. The fact that i have a new GPU now, i don't get the silly slowdowns i did before although its not totally free from them. Stick a night race on, then it will drop with 22 cars lol.

But yeah I'm impressed with how gsc feels with the wheel, even compared to rf2, RRe handling isnton the same as these two imo.. Even with RF2 hi tech tyre physics i can't really feel a difference (to gsce) and to me gsc feels better here. Compare the mini and the clio the ffb is miles better in gsc, so in trun the feeling is better, gsc feels sharp rf feels numb (this could be down to ffb).... Content in GSc seems polished and finished where rf2 nothing seems to be of a high quality and all seems unfinished and look to be left this way..

I think i found my faith again, and I'm yet to try the new sweetfx file so looking fwd to that.

no wonder isi don't want to give out their engine because if reiza get their hands on it, I'm sure they will do more than rf2 does.

good job, looking fwd to the touring cars,

Last edited:
As much as i like the handling in GSCE. Im not keen on the content, I much prefer the tracks in RRe as i recognise them, and relate to them quiker. To be honest i dont think the stock tracks suit a lot of the single seaters, especially the f1 cars. They more suit touring car types, in which you cant access due to marcus restrictions.. i also dont like the fact the marcus cars are on another installation.

For me i think RRe is the most complete sim atm, and definitely is progressing the most

As much as i like the handling in GSCE. Im not keen on the content, I much prefer the tracks in RRe as i recognise them, and relate to them quiker. To be honest i dont think the stock tracks suit a lot of the single seaters, especially the f1 cars. They more suit touring car types, in which you cant access due to marcus restrictions.. i also dont like the fact the marcus cars are on another installation.

For me i think RRe is the most complete sim atm, and definitely is progressing the most
You are right.... More tracks. More cars. Very nice selection of tracks and cars. Better graphics. Probably the best sounds in any racing game Ive played. Huge potencial but why is it then.... When in R3E I feel like Im playing a game and when in GSCE I feel like Im really racing... I doesnt even compare in terms of immersion. IMO

i do somewhat agree, but for me the cars and tracks make up for a lot of the immersion , and i find GSC cars and tracks , lets say awkward?! They are great models and tracks but together i find them strange they just dont suit each other imo. maybe im not used to them.

Also with my t300 im finding the ffb weaker in the single seaters. Dont remember this being the case on my DFGT

Best thing to do is play the game you most enjoy. They all have their good and bad.
As long as you are having fun, it's not important which one is "The Best".
To each his own. The F1 guys from Codies think that's the best game around. I have it and enjoy it as well, but after trying most of them, I prefer GSC and that's my opinion.
Just find the one you like and drive!!

There's no shortage of add on tracks for GSCE indeed a quick look at the downloads section here on RD will confirm that. Including some excellent conversions by Patrick which have added DRS zones to the F1 tracks which are great fun with the Formula Extreme cars. Open wheelers in this game I think are the best at the moment.

RRe cost more than 200 euros (atm), GSCE only 24 euros.

RRe have better graphics and sounds (GSCE sounds are also very good), that's it.

GSCE have better FFB, better inmersion (best head movement on all sims), better physical in cars, addition it is modeable... Plus you have available a hundreds of tracks and mods.

For me, there is no comparison. GSCE wins by far.;)

i appreciate what your saying....

But the GSC mods, some are done poorly the only ones i trust are the ones by patricj and renato. Gsc is known for its great physics, whats the point of playing mods of cars and tracks that dont do that well.

Is there a way to integrate the marcus cars yet into gsc?

These and many other mods are real good...

-ASR OWC Ferrari 643
-Blancpain Endurance Series
-DRM
-Enduracers
-F1 from 1990-1994
-Ferrari F430 Cup
-Ferrari F430 Vs Porsche 997 RSR
-FIA GT (2004 or 2012)
-Historic GT & Touring Cars
-Le Mans 2014
-Old School Mod
-Porsche 911 Cup RSR 3.0L v2.8
-Porsche Cup 997 RSR
-World Touring Marster

For me, are better than playing RRE. ;)

Of course, the original contents of GSCE is the best. Is simply superb.:thumbsup:

For me GSCE is by far the best I ever played. Especially the Formula Extreme is so much fun. Driving them without any aids is challenging but after a while getting used to it, it such a lot of fun that I don't want to drive anything else. And there again especially in Spielberg and Sao Paulo. Fantastic tracks to drive on. FFB, Grip Levels etc....fantastic. I only wish there would be more original Reiza Formula 1 Tracks.

RRe cost more than 200 euros (atm), GSCE only 24 euros.

That's not exactly true, I have probably 75-85% of the content in R3E and I'm only about $75 USD into it, which is barely more than the typical Playstation/XBone game. Once you own some of the content you get big discounts. It's still more than GSCE, but not almost 10x more.

Personally I find the immersion better in R3E because the "dated" graphics of GSCE constantly remind me that I'm playing a video game on an old graphics engine. In R3E it's pretty easy to forget that and get sucked into the lively track environment.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back