Is this possible the best race sim around atm?

Msportdan

@Simberia
Ive spent the last few days trying a few sims.

AC
RF2 (my fav so far but..)
GSC
Raceroom

and to say I think GSCe is the most authentic sim out there. Ok the visuals aren't on the level AC or RR, but everything else makes up for it. The ffb the sense of immersion in the cockpit the AI... I just want to thank Reiza and what a job they've done with (lets just say) old engine.,. It does put Rf2 in shame in places, and even AC.

carry on reiza the great and hard work is much appreciated here down in Essex lol

cheers guys

Whats your thoughts. on this and other sims atm.?

Last edited:
Logitech G25, but I don't think my controller is relevant.

I'm not a big fan of real feel force feedback (and I'm not alone in this) but I think the key issue is driving a Brazilian Stock car doesn't do anything for me, even if the physics were perfect. They don't interest me and I didn't find them fun to drive, and while I'm sure the driving "looking through a letterbox" view is realistic, its not for me. The Minis were more fun but the force feedback wasn't as good and there are lots of other cars I'd rather drive, and I definitely prefer racing sims/series which offer a variety of cars racing against each other rather than single make championships.

Its a shame it doesn't have features Simbin put in gM2 in 2006 and the old rFactor bug of driving against invisible cars was disappointing but its primarily the content that is the issue, not the physics.

Last edited:
couldn't agree more, ive just put gsce on.. and I was bored in about 15 laps.. the ai do have glitches that have existed since early gmotor days (warping ai cars etc) but I agree the content is a little boring.. I mean its either a type of single seater a mini or stock car.. the karts don't feel real to me. I did like this game but I think the novelty has worn off..

Think it may move over for rre and rf2 for me..

I do appreciate what reiza has done, but theyre backing an old horse when the world has moved on slightly.. Its feels like race 07 to me..

couldn't agree more, ive just put gsce on.. and I was bored in about 15 laps.. the ai do have glitches that have existed since early gmotor days (warping ai cars etc) but I agree the content is a little boring.. I mean its either a type of single seater a mini or stock car.. the karts don't feel real to me. I did like this game but I think the novelty has worn off..

Think it may move over for rre and rf2 for me..

I do appreciate what reiza has done, but theyre backing an old horse when the world has moved on slightly.. Its feels like race 07 to me..
Did you try any mods? There are hundreds of mods that keep this game alive for me. Some REALLY good ones at that. Drm revival comes to mind.

I have but they're all broke in some sort of way either mirrors or something. They no where near the vanilla content in quality
You have to sort but most of the quality mods are quite good. Gsce is probably the most optimized game out there, I think it's as trouble free as any sim you'll will find and there is absolutely no other sim that's been around as long and has been refined like the isi gmotor. They all have quirks but this one is pretty dialed in. :thumbsup:

I will admit I spend a LOT of time tweaking the AI to a particular circuit, often including tweaking the circuit itself (AIW fast and pit paths, difficulty levels, braking points, fuel, qual ratios - although the Reiza tracks are usually pretty close without any editing) - all this before I actually run my race weekend. But the very fact that the game engine allows me to do this is a major plus for me.

I am currently racing a season at the back of the Formula Extreme grid, fighting with the Caterhams and Marussias, no chance in Hell of even getting in the points, but it is so close & challenging when I finally have it dialled in, it is by far the greatest, most challenging offline racing I have had since Geoff Crammond, & is also the closest I have ever come to real racing while sitting in front of a pc.

I seem to be playing this more and more and hardly go on AC now as it doesnt run very well on my system for some reason but a few months ago it did, i like hot lapping and only wished it was in GSCE but other than that its a solid Sim

I totally agree but on the other hand not everyone is into modding. Anyway keith any chance u could share your aiw files for addon tracks?

Yes I can upload them as I do them if you are interested in trying them.
For example, I downloaded Singapore recently - it's a great looking track, but for offline with the Formula Extremes it was not useable - Every time an AI entered the pit, the cars racing close behind were slowing down and following the car towards the pit, before they veered back on to the racing line and sped up again. They were also crashing/spinning on several corners or kerbs. I made a new fast path and pit path, & moved the cars off the kerbs slightly.
OK, I'll upload a couple to the mods section, and if they are any use to you or anyone else I can add a few more :)

Interesting.

Out of them all - GSCE runs the best - I get over 200 fps easily - often up into the 3 and 400s. AC & RF2 run in the low 100s at best. And RF2 is the least optimized of the bunch for me.
Totally agree with this. Gsce runs the best for me. Then comes R3E. These are the only two games I can COMPLETELY max out and get 100 fps or better.

How can driving a Brazilian Stock Car not be exciting to some people? Assetto Corsa is nice but it didn't make me start giggling with excitement like my first few minutes in these V8 monsters.

I do not drive offline so no idea about the relative merits of each.

AC and RF2 win in the graphics, but the driving is not there.

IMHO RF2, as the previous RF is actually very strange to drive. The fact that it tried to chop my fingers with my G27 on the early versions did not help me to like it (and I found ISI's response on that topic extremely poor, just numb your FFB, or ditch your wheel that happens to be one of the most popular wheels in the not outrageously expensive market). The added fact that it is the most expensive of all (the lifetime version), or needs you to keep cashing out every now and then does not help either. Suffice to say, I gave up on RF2 and things would have to change a lot for me to look back.

AC feels better. If GSC would not exist I guess I would be there.. or back to race07. One thing that actually blows my mind is the python interface of AC. Oh boy, would not I love to have that in GSC...

GSC does not look that bad (and considering my previous faurite sim was race07, it looks great). The driving is spot on every version. Its biggest weakens was lack of circuits, but I see more and more extra content appearing.

So, the answer is yes.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back